Lt. Commander
# 41
09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Hold it, Full Stop.

I thought the NEW new Tutorials would be coming here, you know, the one that takes place at Starfleet Academy, with the Borg stuff at Vega Colony becoming a part of the Borg STFs at the end of the game..?

What the heck? IS this all we're getting as far as "new" Tutorials go? Another polishing of the same thing we've had since launch?

Cryptic, I am Dissapoint.
So, since that's not happening... where is the solid new content that was made in lieu of more Featured Episodes? I had kind of assumed that the content teams were diverted to this but, uh...
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Who tells a new player this stuff?
this is why i think it should be rpg as default. that way people can click on the on screen tags rather than have to worry about what button to press.

you cant resize the info window to read all the test in shooter. you cant even talk to the first person you meet with the F key for some reason. its all very clumsy with the shooter mode set to default.
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
(Warning: Negativity)

Y'know, after reading the patch notes and going through the tutorial with a new character, all I kept thinking is "As a lifer with a bunch of maxed out characters, this affects me how exactly?" Granted, I do like some of the UI improvements and the scaling of the old episodes, but mostly, it all seems geared for the F2P players coming in.

So looking from just a "new content" perspective that Tribble is supposed to satiate:
1) Tutorial = Mostly superficial changes with no integration of Starfleet Academy as previously talked about. And no Klingon version yet. Disappointed.
2) Duty Officer System = Oh, gee, I have to grind up 10 levels to even start testing this? Awesome...not!
3) STF = Can't even think of starting of testing this out by grinding up to level 45 or waiting who knows how long until we can transfer characters over. And Invasion (you meant Infected, right?) will only be available for now?
4) Lore Mission Reward = Free STO book? Lame. And just adds to the overall lameness of the Academy as a zone to, like, actually do stuff.
5) Mirror Universe Event = don't think I was able to start yet. But yay, maybe finally one new thing right away to do without grinding!
6) Ground Invasion = didn't see anything, so I'm assuming the can got kicked down the road yet again.

So, nothing on the live server for who knows how long and a bunch of grinding on Tribble to even start with the new content stuff that won't even get carried over to my main. My suggestion is to allow us to start at a higher level sooner rather than later (by transferring our character or by some Q thing), or if you really want to have us grind to let us know how it'll be for the F2P players, then let us know what alleged "reward" will be for testing for them. Other than the whole "maybe someday you'll get something cool" empty, speechifying that has been plaguing the game for far too long...
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-29-2011, 04:07 PM
If the tutorial going to shooter mode by default rather than RPG is a prelude of the RPG controls being wiped out, I'm going to be livid. I hate the shooter mode.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
not sure if intentional but merits no long track in the inventory currency window (with the Ec, latinum and the dilithium).

you can still see it in the character status window.
Thanks for mentioning this, I thought merits were going away along with the currency consolidation.
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandus View Post
Umm.... why "un-canonize" the Andorian genders?
Technically speaking, four genders isn't canon for Andorians - only that "Andorian marriages typically require groups of four people." Four genders was a (logical) extrapolation made by the novelverse and has been explored in the novels to great effect.

I am disappointed that it has been removed from this game, particularly since the inclusion didn't have an effect in the game but still served as a nice link between the game and the novels.
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWiggles
If the tutorial going to shooter mode by default rather than RPG is a prelude of the RPG controls being wiped out, I'm going to be livid. I hate the shooter mode.
doubtful, no need to get rid of them at all. that would just annoy too many people.
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Seriously, I don't know why you guys are bothering with all the monthly subscription portion (beyond LTS players like myself) - as honestly, you DO NOT give enough incentive for ANYONE to "go Gold" (IMO) in STO.

That's interesting in that in one of the lst interviews given by DSthal; he said that you guys didn't want to 'destroy their subscription business - but honestly - I don't see what people get for paying $10.00 a month (with $5 of that effectively reimbursed with 400 CP.)

And before anyone starts in with the "You hate Silvers" line - No, I honestly don't. I want to see STO continue to be profitable; and UNLIKE Champuions Online - where Gold (subscription) get you access to Free Forn character creation; STO (with Foundry access being sold on a oer slot basis) (and again IMO) doesn't really give Gold enough in that honestly - taking that $15.00 a month and using it in the C-Store will effective get them LTS access for one character very quickly under the cuurrent C-Store price structure (which it has been said in many an interview and Dev post that they DON'T see C-Store prices rising and again while that isn't a bad thing per se - again; I don't see anything left that would temp me if I were not an LTS already and were an F2P Silver player coming in - to subcribe for gold access to STO - and from what I saw of CO's overall success in F2P - maintaining Subscribers does help; but they seem to be comp;letely abandoning trying to lure monthly subscriptions in STO - and unless they know something I don't; I just don't see how that helps STOs profitability long term.
Never thought I say this but I agree with you Armsman But I do.

So in 24 hours cryptic remove the 500 day 250 emblem vet reward. Add a 1billion EC cap when the martix still reads unlimited ec.

And you want to let silver get access to foundry.

If i was not life time. I would cancel my subscription in heart beat. I am glad I bought my life time back in beta. But now I am wonder why we bother to get my wife one.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM
also they hid that library computer far enough away at SFA. its tucked up in the corner a few cubicles away from the tailor. very hard to find.
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWiggles

They stated long ago that the new tute would have the shooter mode as the default.. after many pages of people saying they didn't like the idea.. evidently, the devs went the other way.

Jolan'tru