Lt. Commander
# 41
09-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't get it considering ENG toons pretty much already have these. But what ever, people can buy what they want.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I appreciate the recycling of existing game assets (Fed Engineer Support Drone) for a new use. As others have said, I don't really use the pets I have now, so I'll save my money, thanks.

I don't get the point of common MMO non-combat pets. I guess I kind of get the special "merit" ones (available only through achievements, limited editions, etc) as a way to show off, but available to anyone items? Meh.

Sigh. I am sort of a completist/collector, so maybe some day if it's on 50% off sale and I got an extra 60CP, I might cough up the $0.75. >shrug<

<Rant>
You know there also happens to be a KDF version of the Engineer Support Drone. Why wasn't this similarlly recycled into another C-Store item to sell to the KDF fans?

I know there aren't many KDF players out there, but you do have some. I mean you, uh, do know that right? It's just that you guys keep talking and promising how much you care about having a second faction, and then you go and stub your toes by ignoring them (again!). You say you want the two factions to some day be at a comparable level, but your actions (such as this) speak louder than your words. How is the KDF ever to get close to catching up if Fedside keeps pulling further away?

While I speak recycle, I imagine there was some dev time involved in taking the existing asset and making it a C-Store-friendly non-combat pet. But was it really that much? Even if the few KDF sales wouldn't break even in hard-numbers, I think the soft-costs of not including a KDF model (once again irritating your audience) and soft-gains of appeasing your audience (however small) and gaining some much needed good will... It seems a no brainer to just go ahead and eat that cost to getterdone!
</Rant>
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altexist View Post
Oh BOY!!! Grab my credit card! I am going to rush over to the C-Store and buy this!!!!! Me first! Me first!!

No, sorry, I am not. (apologizes for the snarkness.) But here is some feedback that may not get me banned: This item strikes me as silly and pointless and reaching for "low hanging fruit" again as the art asset was already in the game.

If this is a sign of the quality and level of thought of things yet to come in the upcoming game changes, I am very worried.
It's a traditional MMORPG non combat vanity pet. I am not seeing the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
So when people do it, it's wrong, but when sentient machines do it, it's okay?
The non sapient exocomps are just bog standard robots not slaves. If you really feel the way you do then you need to unplug your computer before if revolts.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Until the Exocomps are available to be claimed by both Feds and Klingons, I will be passing on this item. Besides, my Federation main can summon these things at will and they FIGHT BACK!
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I was thinking about this and I think what would give KDF a shot in the arm is an Orion slavegirl non-combat companion.
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
What's the point of these?
To generate easy money for Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-29-2011, 06:48 PM
WOW Really!!! Man this game is really going down the drains. So sad
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I was thinking about this and I think what would give KDF a shot in the arm is an Orion slavegirl non-combat companion.
I'd buy that for a quatloo!
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Now that's a pet I could really get behind!