Lt. Commander
# 11
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Well I tried what you suggested but as soon I entered what you suggested the cmd prompt said "The requested operation requires elevation." Also I have a wireless DSL connection if that makes any difference.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Can somebody who has a working updated Star Trek Online launcher upload theirs or if they know a friend who has one have them upload theirs if they'd be so kind? Thanks much appreciated. I downloaded Lostpinky's the one he posted, but that one doesn't work anymore either.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Solved
09-30-2011, 02:20 PM
OK anybody else who was having this problem I am going to put two sites or links in this post. I was on the Champions Online forums and somebody over there uploaded both their Champions Online and Star Trek Online Launchers into a thread called Launcher Problem!! Help!! . I downloaded his launchers and they worked for me. Here's the link to the the last page of the thread: http://forums.champions-online.com/s....php?p=1957299 and here's the link to the Star Trek Online Launcher: http://www.mediafire.com/?orgy77irommds55 and here's a third link to the Champions Online Launcher just in case you guys have a problem with that game too: http://www.mediafire.com/?z366n4eimw88338 There you go. Hope that works for you guys as they did for me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
Well I tried what you suggested but as soon I entered what you suggested the cmd prompt said "The requested operation requires elevation." Also I have a wireless DSL connection if that makes any difference.
Sounds like you're not using an Administrator level account on your PC (and I don't know if tyou're running STO as Administrator either, but youy should be.); but I also assume you hve run it successfully before in the account config you have too; so:

1) ipconfig /flushdns is not a dangerous command to run as your local DNS table is updated all the time, and honestly by clearing it occassionally, it WILL fix a lot of internet access issue caused by possible DNS tble corruption.

2) It could be something related to you ISP, or the area of the contry/world you're connecting from, and not on Cryptics end (at least not to a point where they can do anything abiout it themselves.

Hopefully, the issue will get resolved soon; but if you have access to a full administartor local account, runing the above command might styill help. If npt, checking wth you ISP, and following up with Cryptic on the ticket you filed is your best bet.

I hope the issue does get resolved for you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Look at my previous post above yours. I fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Having the problem again folks - c'mon STO!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Same problem in this thread. Suggest a merge or close of one.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=232413

I posted the following in that thread:

"Having the same problem on STO holodeck, and Tribble. Seems to be stuck on "patching" Holodeck. Won't switch to patching tribble. Hitting cancel doesn't work.

If I wait long enough it crashes and asks me to send a ticket to cryptic.

Tried the "run as administrator" no luck

Launcher version CL_2011_09_27_13_08"
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Reboot solved the problem. Apparently I had an ISP problem thanks SBC/AT&T earlier tonight that was crashing all the browsers in the house.