Lt. Commander
# 11
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Yep, I hate that crouch is now broken and you have to activate it over and over when moving. As a guy who has carpal tunnel, it makes RPG mode more tedious to use. I already cannot use Shooter Mode at all since auto fire was removed from it. Please stop these kind of changes or make them optional.
This please.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
... after wrapping my head around this, I just can't see why you would split them...
Aim is offense
Crouch is defense
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
cause there are many times that I would like to crouch without having to zoom in
Crouch and Aim being split is great. On the other hand, not being able to crouch-walk, i.e. any movement cancels the crouch, is annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Crouch and Aim being split is great. On the other hand, not being able to crouch-walk, i.e. any movement cancels the crouch, is annoying.
QFT. Please fix and keep our toons crouched when we move until we press C again. Thanks Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwize1701 View Post
QFT. Please fix and keep our toons crouched when we move until we press C again. Thanks Cryptic!
Press "C" again or start running... this is how it works on Holodeck
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
was there any real reason to separate those two or was it just made so we have to press more buttons more often ?

Just to make it clear, theres no new bonus anywere, its all the same as before, just that the dodge bonus has way less uptime now (since it disappears when moving).

When i think about pvp and those changes, all it will do is make everyone die even faster.. did anyone even ask for that change? When thinking about the action flow in pvp, this seems to me like the worst idea ever.

What bothers me the most about this separation is the fact that its now 2 buttons to click,
Can we please have an option to get the old interface behavior back - aka one button to toggle both on/off?
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
... after wrapping my head around this, I just can't see why you would split them...
Crouching allows you to high behind cover such as a ridge or tallising cargo contain you and the enemy. That breaks line of sight, and you have totally cover when you crouch. But if you are wanting to use Aim for the +33% ranged damage and you are behind said cover, with Crouch/Aim combined you break like of sight. That means you can't shoot the enemy. So they separated then into two different actions.

And you'll able able to create a keybind to combine the two back into a single keystroke. Totally made up, but something like

/bind C "GenMessage CrouchModeToggle$$GenMessage AimModeToggle"

DO NOT USE MY BIND!!!! I don't know what the real commands would be. I'm sure a keybind guru will come along and figure out the commands to use.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
was there any real reason to separate those two or was it just made so we have to press more buttons more often ?

Just to make it clear, theres no new bonus anywere, its all the same as before, just that the dodge bonus has way less uptime now (since it disappears when moving).

When i think about pvp and those changes, all it will do is make everyone die even faster.. did anyone even ask for that change? When thinking about the action flow in pvp, this seems to me like the worst idea ever.

What bothers me the most about this separation is the fact that its now 2 buttons to click,
Can we please have an option to get the old interface behavior back - aka one button to toggle both on/off?
there's always keybinds.

i like the spliting part but yeah, crouching all over again is just ... ugh
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazimer
there's always keybinds.

i like the spliting part but yeah, crouching all over again is just ... ugh
I think theres even a bug.. mouse movement and keyboard movement react totally different currently:

How to reproduce:

Mouse movement
1) activate crouch
2) press left mouse + right mouse and move a few steps then stop moving.

What will happen is the crouching bonus will disappear while you move and once you stop moving it automatically reengages crouch with bonuses. -- this is exactly how it should work.

Keyboard movement
1) activate crouch
2) press wasd etc.. and then stop moving.

What will happen is once you move a single step crouch is gone for good and you need to reenable it manually -- this is where the new system is annoying and requires to many interaction

So what we have here is that theres currently an inconsistency between mouse and keyboard controls, the mouse way does it right, the keyboard controls are setup in a way to require way to much interaction.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-01-2011, 10:40 AM
i like the change, like someone said above i can get the aim bonus from behind cover without breaking line of sight when i croutch against my will, couldn't do that before