Lt. Commander
# 1 Tutorial: Issues and Concerns
09-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Tutorial: Issues and Concerns

Frequency: All the time.

Details:
  • Unable to change pages of Help guide with ENTER (that was the button it indicated). Pressing ESC and loading up keybindings resulted in it changing to a period as the change page key. This happened frequently throughout the tutorial.

• The chief of security is of Captain rank. At best, this person should be a Commander.

• Help dialog boxes not only blocked mission objectives but also became quite spammy in their insistence to inform you, especially of actions you were currently, and had already performed. Additionally:

• The help dialogs, in most instances, do not need to be that large.
    • Please introduce a cooldown of at least 15 seconds after you close the Help dialog before the game can force another dialog open.
Relevant hardware/OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, ATI Radeon 6970, ATI Catalyst 11.9.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2011, 08:55 PM
If we close the help dialog it should just stay closed or minimized in the low priority area and not bother us again until we open it. The number of times I had to close the dialog was ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Additional Details:
  • The Price of Liberty: Several Damaged Probes are stuck on the geometry of a wrecked Borg vessel at -989 1090 -2121 and have been rendered unattackable. They can still be targeted however.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Yes, the help covers the mission tracker. The default position should be somewhere else. I know how to move it, and I know the mission tracker is behind it, but a new player wouldn't.

I also think the idea of starting in shooter is not a good one. You have no mouse pointer control and the help screen that tells you about pressing B does not appear until later.

And yes to the stuck probes. As they are right infront of you when you enter the map, it would be quite confusing to a new player as you can't shoot at what is targetted ahead of you.