Lt. Commander
# 41
10-01-2011, 01:34 PM
The bug with the interruption on the ground portion is annoying. Got it once, left the map, done something else for 10 minutes, beamed back and the map had reset. Problem solved.

The Dreadnought. Seems to be a bit harder than usually, but definitly not impossible to do alone. I'll admit I died once, but if you focus on 1 shield facing (maybe even the one the Klingons are attacking mainly) and ignore the frigates the thing will go down. Might be a bit obvious, but if people have trouble to keep shield power up and be fast enough to fire on a specific facing, there are little helpers like Evasive Maneuvers and Engine Batteries. And yeah, teaming is of course a shocking but possible option in an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I finally soloed the boss after my last post. I think we might have it easier when we have better items. I equipped the best of what I had even those it was a dual cannon so had the 45 degree limitation but it was a higher mark. Lt so it was the only mark 2 I could get (since dilithium isn't active yet). Plus put the consoles even though they didn't even match what I had the best.

Probably when we get dilithium and can get better equipped ships, it won't be near impossible again since how it's set up now, we have to rely on drops and some people got crappy drops up to that point.
Lt. Commander
When attempting the first upload, quickly move before you complete the inital attempt...

The mission progress will then continue and complete... Just tested it, and it works.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Katten View Post
Wow...just wow. No offense to you all, but to assume that something is broken because none of you can do it and then submit bug reports is quite frankly, a waste of the bug folks time.

<snip>
Sorry bud, but you fail to recognize that we all have been successfully completing this mission solo since the launch of the game (or closed beta for me). We know how to use helper NPCs, attack shield facings, and all the other "lessons" you posted to try to make those who fail the encouter look incompetent.

You also failed to recognize zone chat and all of people who have successfully done this before on live yet are having major problems now under the F2P test. Clearly something is now off with the boss since mission scaling was added on Tribble.

If the boss encounter was intentionally made harder to promote teaming, then the devs should have mentioned it in the patch notes and placed something in the mission dialog that suggests teaming to beat the boss. Otherwise, it's reasonable to assume the dreadnaught is now OP.
Lt. Commander
I have done the mission several times on Holodeck, so I am totally confused on how Cryptic totally hosed it. After wasting about an hour playing it on F2P Tribble and having it bugged at the upload data point, I just gave up on it. Now I read that they screwed up the final space battle part also. How hard is it to leave stuff alone. The only reason I was playing it on F2P is because of the stupid need to grind out a character to Lt Cdr so I can see the Doff system. I know that the techs are smarting than what is seen on Tribble, but "14 steps back for every one forward" is not a good way to run a business. And to add insult to injury... the bug reporting system did not send up my bug report (it timed out... must be bugged).
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Katten View Post
Wow...just wow. No offense to you all, but to assume that something is broken because none of you can do it and then submit bug reports is quite frankly, a waste of the bug folks time.

-snip-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Sorry bud, but you fail to recognize that we all have been successfully completing this mission solo since the launch of the game (or closed beta for me). We know how to use helper NPCs, attack shield facings, and all the other "lessons" you posted to try to make those who fail the encouter look incompetent.

You also failed to recognize zone chat and all of people who have successfully done this before on live yet are having major problems now under the F2P test. Clearly something is now off with the boss since mission scaling was added on Tribble.

If the boss encounter was intentionally made harder to promote teaming, then the devs should have mentioned it in the patch notes and placed something in the mission dialog that suggests teaming to beat the boss. Otherwise, it's reasonable to assume the dreadnaught is now OP.
Mirror's got it. This quest is definitely borked in one way or another.
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakuzma View Post
I have the same problem, i hope this is a bug and not a change they wanted to make cuz if it is i feel sorry for the noobs that will try to play this game aka its the 3rd mission (or 4th cant remember) and if a norm player cant finish it, the noobs will deff get turned off by it and might not come back, so please fix it
Ill take a crack at this from another angle, while i do believe this is a bug i am not totally convinced of that fact. In another forum thread on the issue of p2w x.5 ships one poster did mention the possibility that it might make sense to scale up game difficulty to make said x.5 ships more "attractive" to buy. Wich to my knowledge are still on tribble unobtainable by both C-store means, (at the moment) and no tribble server ingame method is available to obtain them, (imagine that). To see this new mission difficulty go live on holodeck "working as intended" to foster c-store p2w ship buys wouldnt suprise me in the least, nor would i be suprised to see p2w ground gear in the near future either with working as intended ground difficulty scaleing. I am not a fan of conspiracy theories and of course this is all speculation on my part. But it does seem to fit. Maybe the game will be free to play, or maybe youl sit outside this particular zone until you get out the visa and pony up the cash, we'l see.
Lt. Commander
# 48 Over with
10-01-2011, 07:09 PM
After waiting and fuming, I went back in and got past the buggy console, and then I experienced the &^%$# frustrating space battle. It is definitely different from Holodeck. The Klings fell like dominoes and I could not do anything against the Boss and mob. I went in one last time with a partner and was able to finish the mission, but only because the other person had the firepower. Cryptic needs to rework that part of the mission... LT6 and below will just get blown away (which is suppose to be the target rank.
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I tried 3 different times to finish that last scene with Dreadnaught, but finally gave up trying to do it solo, and issued a request to Team to finish the mission. Myself, and 3 other players who were stuck on the last scene was able to take down that Dreadnaught and those pesky little frigates...

(Also, the general lack of MkII Space Equipment from the Vendors is a contributing factor to this problem. To prevent the Vendors from being used as a currency source couldn't you make the Mk II equipment sold by the Vendors 'Bind on Pickup'???)
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshoer
Ill take a crack at this from another angle, while i do believe this is a bug i am not totally convinced of that fact. In another forum thread on the issue of p2w x.5 ships one poster did mention the possibility that it might make sense to scale up game difficulty to make said x.5 ships more "attractive" to buy. Wich to my knowledge are still on tribble unobtainable by both C-store means, (at the moment) and no tribble server ingame method is available to obtain them, (imagine that). To see this new mission difficulty go live on holodeck "working as intended" to foster c-store p2w ship buys wouldnt suprise me in the least, nor would i be suprised to see p2w ground gear in the near future either with working as intended ground difficulty scaleing. I am not a fan of conspiracy theories and of course this is all speculation on my part. But it does seem to fit. Maybe the game will be free to play, or maybe youl sit outside this particular zone until you get out the visa and pony up the cash, we'l see.
Pay to win I presume is what your talking about?

seeing something like that come out of this would surprise me, even if you've called it now. It doesn't strike me as something Cryptic would do. No, I will continue to err on the side of a bug. I'm pretty sure that Cryptic knows at this point that if they were to do something that...unintelligent...that they would be signing STO's own Death Warrant. Pay to win may work as a business model on the other side of the world, but here, in the U.S. at least, it's like successfully strangling yourself.

Perfect World wants a successful western influence in their lineup, and putting a pay to win element in would be counter-intuitive to what both companies are trying to accomplish.