Lt. Commander
# 51
10-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Putting a mission that requires teaming that early in an episode cycle at the start of the game would just put off silver players you're trying to attract. Effectively locking people out of the main story 3 missions in because they need to team is foolish imo. Wouldn't be so bad if it was the last mission in the arc (makes more sense to me) or if it's in a later series, but early missions need to be fun through and through to attract players.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrine View Post
Putting a mission that requires teaming that early in an episode cycle at the start of the game would just put off silver players you're trying to attract. Effectively locking people out of the main story 3 missions in because they need to team is foolish imo. Wouldn't be so bad if it was the last mission in the arc (makes more sense to me) or if it's in a later series, but early missions need to be fun through and through to attract players.
Here's the problem, the mission we are talking about does not require teaming, it is soloable. Some players might not be able to do it alone for whatever reason and teaming is the easiest way to get the mission done in that case. Since the mission can be done alone, all it does in its current state is maybe encourage teaming, is that really such a disgusting idea in an MMO?
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-02-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm stuck on this mission too right now, but mainly because Tribble keeps disconnecting me every 5-30 seconds and I have horrible lag.

Aside from that, I also experienced the upload failing bug. I abandoned the mission and restarted it, and was able to upload successfully the second time.

I can't really attest to the difficulty of the Dreadnought (because I keep lagging out) other than to say that I agree that the spawn rate of the frigates is way too fast and the Klingon ships are a bit too soft.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I soloed the mission. Took me 5 times before I managed to get the hang of it but I barely got the win.

Easy fix: Just have bright yellow text at the bottom of the mission description indicating that it's recommended that you have a team for this mission not unlike the STFs. It introduces teamwork to the newbies and maybe they'll meet friends that they'll form a fleet with. Win/win.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-02-2011, 11:27 AM
That only works if the mission is optional. I'm sorry, but I solo play and I abhor having to team with anyone given the amount of abuse that I've dealt with from people when things do not go perfectly. Since this is mandatory, let it either be soloable or say goodbye to the players.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-02-2011, 11:35 AM
The mission is not meant for a team. Due to it being bugged though, a team might be required to complete it atm. Im fairly sure its just that, we need a bug fix and not a "team needed" reminder.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-02-2011, 12:30 PM
It's a pain but you can do it... I logged out for 15 minutes to reset and then i logged in and continued the mission. You have to just keep firing on that dreadnought. Stay way from it to not draw the attention of the spawns. Like 5 6KM away. If your up close you just get killed in like 5 seconds. Buff the daylights out of you self..

I died once and then I full impulsed back as fast as possible and just kept it up on the dread and killed it. You can do it its a #$%&
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey folks,

I ran into the console problem myself while playing my new character as well.

I found and fixed the issue today, and I'll take a look at the final space battle tomorrow (Monday) and see if something is out of wack with the encounters. The final space battle should be solo-able, at the level the mission is first available.

For those that are interested.. here is what was basically happening with the console, and how to get around it until the fix gets out (hopefully next Tribble build).

The console basically had a "race" condition.. it was sending both a "Failed" and "Success" event at the same time. For the mission to progress as expected it should only be sending a "failed" message instead of both.

The work around at the moment would be to start the interaction process, and then move your character. This will produce just the "failed" message. You'll only have to do this until you get the fix I made today.

Goz
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Hey folks,

I found and fixed the issue today, and I'll take a look at the final space battle tomorrow (Monday) and see if something is out of wack with the encounters. The final space battle should be solo-able, at the level the mission is first available.

For those that are interested.. here is what was basically happening with the console, and how to get around it until the fix gets out (hopefully next Tribble build).

The console basically had a "race" condition.. it was sending both a "Failed" and "Success" event at the same time. For the mission to progress as expected it should only be sending a "failed" message instead of both.

The work around at the moment would be to start the interaction process, and then move your character. This will produce just the "failed" message. You'll only have to do this until you get the fix I made today.

Goz
Thanks for the clarification.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Hey folks,

Goz
Thanks a lot, that will help me when I level a tribble toon on my other account