Lt. Commander
# 41
09-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Cryptic I want to thank you with my money in the last 8 months have not been spent on content to me that I paid, now you do to those who will play for free, thank you very much because you are confirming my worst suspicions.
By the way, I will not prove anything in f2p server, do so that's why developers get paid.

Quiero agradecer a Cryptic que con mi dinero de los últimos 8 meses que no se han gastado en contenido para mi que he pagado, ahora lo hagan para los que van a jugar gratis, muchas gracias porque estais confirmando mis peores sospechas.
Por cierto, no pienso probar nada en el servidor f2p, que lo hagan los desarrolladores que para eso les pagan.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
The opinions being shared here are important to us, and they're more likely to be turned into game changes if they are shared in places where the dev team is watching.

Stephen.
Executive Producer, Star Trek Online
We've heard that MANY times before...
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Ahh beta testers that pay the company that needs these things to be tested. How very typical.

I probably will level yet another char up to 51 and i guess i might as well do it on tribble, at least that way i'll be used to the content when i replay it like 11 times when it eventually comes to holodeck. I appreciate the rewards for testing this (although this is as it should be) and the updated UI looks good from here (havent checked it out properly yet) but i just think that most of us here are sick that the the only decent new stuff we have really got in so many months is testing stuff for people who will then play it for free....
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-30-2011, 02:14 AM
The new window for missions and episodes is the best thing ever and extremelly beautifull... But please hide the titles, sinopsis and pictures of following episodes. You are giving huge spoilers right away.

Seriously. It takes the fun out of it. Makes it feel like I'll go through the TV series I already own in DVD instead of making me feel that's today's brand new episode on TV. Just Hide every episode from a series except the ones I played and the next one and put a "locked" image instead. (Also, unlocking them all will give many people a funny goal they'll really follow)

I seriously think this is very very important.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I'm not sure that XP boosts and a char slot are appropriate compensation for that; the last thing that someone who just powered through to 51 wants to do is start over on a fresh toon.
I share this feeling!
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Quote:
As a bonus, within the three weeks following when the F2P build is live, we'll be giving out awards to your character on Holodeck based on what you accomplished on Tribble. If you get a Federation character from start to level 11, we'll give you a free 8 hour XP boost item. If you get to level 31, we'll give you a reasonably large chunk of dilithium (exactly how much depends a bit on how the economy tunes up in testing, but this will be a meaningful award). And if you get a character to level 51, we'll give you a bonus ship slot and a unique title that only the most elite Tribblers will have. This award only applies to Federation characters that freshly started on Tribble. It does not apply to characters that transfer in once we open up character transfer.
This is the worst test layout I have ever encountered. You are literally forcing people to grind out a character to max level only to keep them playing? And that without adding any new content to play through up to the top. Bravo.

I have 6 VAs already on Holodeck and started a seventh one and got to Captain because I was so bored. And now I have to do that again? Rinse and repeat Skirmish, Cold Comfort, Spin the Wheel....all over again?
Not cool move dear Captain D'Angelo.

And what about the earned EC, DoFF points, Dilithium through the grind on a Test Shard? Do I get anything of it attached to my Holodeck Account, because it is Holodeck what matters and only giving out a simple Title is not enough for many to stupidly grind to max. The whole essence of testing in this test cycle is in danger and will suffer and this is what focus should be...not the idea of letting already maxxed out players start a toon and repeat the same stuff all over again.

This fresh toon test focus should be mandatory for new players who are interested in playing STO. Already maxxed long term players are not the right group for it.

And BTW. one 8 Hour boost? At least put a NPC on ESD who gives out these items permanently or turn Q on in order to make it much easier to grind through if you are insisting of letting us grind....
Lt. Commander
# 47 Whaaaaaat?????
09-30-2011, 04:49 AM
"If you're paying attention, you'll also notice that we sped up the leveling curve at the lower levels, so you'll be level 11 before you know it!"

I spent about an hour playing the first several missions and only got enough point to get to LT4. I'm not going to spend all day on Tribble just to get an 8-hour XP Token, and definitely not to grind a character up to 31 or 51 (for a Title). Just allow players to transfer characters over so we can see the Doff System. That was the only thing I was interested to see (which requires a Lt Cdr rank to see).
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-30-2011, 05:08 AM
I'm disappointed in the initial set of rewards and am annoyed at having to do so much grinding through stuff. I really like the idea of being able to transfer the new character to Holodeck though, if that would be possible. I'd also suggest maybe to make Q available on Tribble to double up the rewards for those who really hate grinding.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-30-2011, 05:09 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa... Did I read the dev blog correctly, or am I way out to left field? Are we going to have to start all the way at the beginning when F2P goes on the holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-30-2011, 05:16 AM
So we have 3 weaks to level up to 51 to get all special rewards?