Lt. Commander
# 51
09-30-2011, 06:29 AM
So I'm a little confused is it Redshirt or Tribble? or is Tribble the old Redshirt...

I need coffee
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Kudos for explaining the reward scheme in such detail, providing both a list of rewards and a timescale in which to earn them. This is a vast improvement over previous test cycles.

However, "your character on Holodeck" could use some clarification. Are all these rewards only going to a single character? If so, which one?

Or are they going to be account-wide unlocks where appropriate? Can all characters on the account claim the extra ship slot and title, for example?

A little bit of polish and things will be crystal clear.
Ah, but if they're Cryptic enough about it, later they can mess with it more.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Alright, the leaps and hurdles have been revealed.

But I have to ask the Devs, is the reward strictly based on the level of the player (from ground up)? Or does other things factor in as well such as accolades, dilithium levels, or PvP kills?
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajguida1987 View Post
Whoa Whoa Whoa... Did I read the dev blog correctly, or am I way out to left field? Are we going to have to start all the way at the beginning when F2P goes on the holodeck?
Nope, this is for 'testing the low levels' they aren't allowing transfers at this time.

I highly doubt they'll force everyone to restart once the F2P hits... that'd be rather... 'bad'
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I'll get right on this... just as soon as you guys fix the random crashes to desktop for no reason at all.
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Level 51, for a title and a ship slot. wow
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Can I please get a dev to clarify my question regarding the rewards? Is it per account (i.e. each character earns the XP boost, dilithium, ship slot and title) or is it only redeemable for one character? If it is the former, then I have no problems grinding out another toon. If it is the latter, I'll just wait to test the DOff system once it gets put in and I can transfer one of my existing characters over to Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMouse
So I'm a little confused is it Redshirt or Tribble? or is Tribble the old Redshirt...
What was previously Tribble is now Redshirt (Public) - bug fixes and other changes that are going to Holodeck pre-F2P. Tribble itself is now the F2P Public Test Shard. When you look at the Redshirt forums, all that happened there was a simply rename to the overall category, so you'll still see lots of thread titles containing "Tribble." The new F2P Tribble has its own set of feedback forums.
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajguida1987 View Post
Whoa Whoa Whoa... Did I read the dev blog correctly, or am I way out to left field? Are we going to have to start all the way at the beginning when F2P goes on the holodeck?
Yes, you read it wromg - he's talking about Tribble, and the fact bthat, for now on Tribble - they want players to start new characters to test the Tutorial updates and starting (low level) mission content. He's stated in about 3 weeks or so they WILL ALLOW character transfers from Holodeck to Tribble (probably to start testing the conversion process RE: Converting emblems to Dilithium, etc.)

But if you have an existing character now, you'll have the same character AFTER F2P launches.
Lt. Commander
# 60 For all of you sceptics
09-30-2011, 11:46 AM
I think alot of people forget that Tribble is a ongoing beta server, if you dont like something, report it and move one. The whole point of beta is to work out the bugs and find stuff to improve. While I think there are lots of things to tweak with this new mission log but I think its a great step in the right direction. And while I think a lot the good things in the last year are to Dstahl's credit. I am looking forward to the develpment from the new exec producer.