Lt. Commander
# 61
09-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
The opinions being shared here are important to us, and they're more likely to be turned into game changes if they are shared in places where the dev team is watching.

Stephen.
Executive Producer, Star Trek Online
Stephen, good sir, while I can appreciate this, most everything done since the RI variant was released was done *in spite* of feedback, especially if it was a warning not to shoot yourselves in the proverbial foot. Please forgive me if I'm cautious of anything said by a yellow name at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 62
09-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Greetings Hope to enjoy the beta like experiance again .. Hope to see you there.

[well, maybe not... Closed for Maintinace.. Could you re-mail the beta test sch? is it a mon thur or a tues thur class sir? ]
Lt. Commander
# 63
09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
The Klingon content is coming next week, and we'll post about the Klingon gameplay changes and the awards for playing on Tribble as that content becomes available
yay..........
Lt. Commander
# 64 Mission Journal Problem!!!
09-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey Cryptic, The mission Journal you made is cool. Sort of wierd how you have the story progress to the Devidians so early, but I found a problem. You havent changed the rewards for the Missions you put after!!!! Such as the Kuva'Mahg. I do Night Of The Comet and get this nice Mark IV Blue Tos Phaser as always , and the I go to the next mission in the Journal which is named above, and I get this Mark II Green piece of crap LOL. So if your going to change the progression of the story, you might want to change the rewards too!!! But the Journal IS awesome. At least you remembered to redo th XP
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I really like the new Mission journal. It is way cool and will be a huge asset to all of us, especially to the new people to STO. I really love that missions can be replayed through the journal instead of having to go to the bridge of our ships. This feature should have been in the game since launch but is still a very welcome addition. Thank you guys and keep up the hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 66
09-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMouse
So I'm a little confused is it Redshirt or Tribble? or is Tribble the old Redshirt...

I need coffee
Tribble is the Free-to-Play beta server. It has (or will have) all of the new tech, content, systems for the Free-to-Play STO for later this year. This is an entirely new function for Tribble. The stuff on Tribble won't make it to the Holodeck (Live Server) for months.

Redshirt server is now handling what Tribble used to do. Redshirt will stage builds that will be headed to Holodeck within a short period of time (few days to week or so). The staging in Redshirt allows player to test and try out new things before they head to Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
There needs to be a tool tip or something pointing players to the Available tab to find all the "defend the..." and similar missions.
Lt. Commander
# 68
09-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Slightly confused on the Tribble requirements...do we have to roll a 'new' character for tribble to qualify for the rewards? What about the characters that we had previously transferred there? Do they qualify?
Lt. Commander
# 69
09-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
Slightly confused on the Tribble requirements...do we have to roll a 'new' character for tribble to qualify for the rewards? What about the characters that we had previously transferred there? Do they qualify?
All characters that were previously on the Tribble Test Server have been deleted, and you can't copy any characters from Holodeck to Tribble at this moment, so your previous characters do not/will not qualify as far as the "level-up" rewards go. You will be able to transfer characters from Holodeck to Tribble eventually, but they will not qualify for the level-up rewards. Therefore you will have to roll a new character to get those rewards.
Lt. Commander
OK I've been waiting for the DOFF system to level up a new character, and now there's a perfect opportunity to do so on the Tribble server and even earn prizes in the process. That's great, but if I'm going to go through the effort of leveling a character all the way to level cap, shouldn't I be able to retain all that effort?

I request that we'll be allowed to have a brief window after release of F2P on Holodeck to copy over our Tribble character(s). Seems only fair if you want to have sufficient people to test all the new stuff on the Tribble server (most existing players have toons at level cap already so this isn't hurting anyone).

Please Cryptic - make it so!