Lt. Commander
More and more I just donít get why I should pay after March when my sub runs out. I donít think they care. They got the lifers money and donít seem to want me to pay my 6 months. They are betting it all that this game will become filled with free peeps that the little things they do buy will amount to more than current paying subs are putting in now.

You know what? They are correct! Frak them all but they are correct. This game has shed all of the non core fly by night players. They are gone kids Now what is left are the trek fans that will let themselves be kicked in the behind and ask for more Why because we are Trek Fans. Some of us crazy people bought all the trek seasons on DVD when they cost over a hundred each. "I was one of them." They know for the most part no matter what they do to mess with us we will stick on this game.

So now there only focus is to drag droves of non core, fly by night players and hope they can fill the game up with them at least in the short term. Hopping they just spend a few dollars each. In the end it will still be us. They know we will always be there. The trek fans that will see this game to the end.

I know and you better bet Cryptic knows we will drink anything trek up even if its in a dirty cup.
The clean cups will go to the new players there trying grab.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
I won't drink from a dirty cup.. well unless there is booze in it...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
lol back in my crazy days at these down and out bars I am sure i did
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
"So now there only focus is to drag droves of non core, fly by night players and hope they can fill the game up with them at least in the short term."

Thank god you can turn off zone chat. "WhY can t my ph8srs b rEd?!?!?!? LAMERZZZZ" in between the mass dilithium farm spamming.

Goodie. Goodie. Gumdrop.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't know that the core star trek fans will always be here. There is another Free to Play Trek MMO in the works, though i think it would be a TOS violation to discuss it here.

I personally will probably play until the servers are dark, but that's not going to be true if i start to feel like the company doesn't care about the IP.

Not to say that i feel that way now, but who knows what can happen with new owners.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-30-2011, 01:57 PM
actually not really. From my experience in Tribble and seeing just what the DOFF system has in store for us all i have to say that i am highly impressed. The DOFF system will definitely get rid of any of the simpletons that like to jump from game to game and not spend any time there. It's complicated but it's not stupid, it is very smart. So they are aiming at keeping the old heads yes but they are also being smart about keeping quality new players by giving us research/mini mission game options to do to keep the game interesting.

They are definitely not dumbing it down is my point.

Just go to sto wiki site and see what the game is going to have in store over the next few months and you will see that they are making great strides in improving this game from the ground up.
Lt. Commander
# 7 That dirty cup
09-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I have to say that I have been with this game since I first read about it on star trek .com; and I love it, I paid my dues for life time the day after the beta ended. Cryptic can due what they want to get players as long as it is still TREK. I love STAR TREK and i love this game, So live long and prosper STO and cryptic. heck it is already free to play for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-30-2011, 02:51 PM
The release of Excalibur will finish sto
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch5430 View Post
I don't know that the core star trek fans will always be here. There is another Free to Play Trek MMO in the works, though i think it would be a TOS violation to discuss it here.

I personally will probably play until the servers are dark, but that's not going to be true if i start to feel like the company doesn't care about the IP.

Not to say that i feel that way now, but who knows what can happen with new owners.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
It's not a TOS violation to talk about Infinite Space, at least in passing. As I understand it, though, it makes Pay For Edge in STO look laughable. Everything, apparently, is real-money microtransaction.

I'm concerned about STO. I think they're in a very critical time right now. I think much of my anxiety about STO is based on the concern that I don''t think Cryptic really knows what PW's plans for the game are. By all appearances, it looks like the gold tier is just to satisfy lifers, that they are really aiming at silver players and microtransactions (which in the case of the Galaxy-X, is a not-so-micro transaction) and pay-for-edge items, and that they arent looking for subscriptions. What a dramatic difference from COH's free-to-play model!

If that's the case, I hope Stormshade, CapnLogan, TomCat and the others can sleep at night.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnobber
actually not really. From my experience in Tribble and seeing just what the DOFF system has in store for us all i have to say that i am highly impressed. The DOFF system will definitely get rid of any of the simpletons that like to jump from game to game and not spend any time there. It's complicated but it's not stupid, it is very smart. So they are aiming at keeping the old heads yes but they are also being smart about keeping quality new players by giving us research/mini mission game options to do to keep the game interesting.

They are definitely not dumbing it down is my point.

Just go to sto wiki site and see what the game is going to have in store over the next few months and you will see that they are making great strides in improving this game from the ground up.
On this I will agree. The DOff system is extremely ambitious and involved and I have high praise for it from what I've read. While I have yet to actually test it out, it sounds great. It looks like an intriguing system and it is VERY different from anything else in the MMOsphere; it does seem to make you feel like you're in command of Something, rather than just a person running around with a pack of moderately not-so-bright bipedal gun turrets.

Now if I could only take a burning phaser to the Rhode Island and the other Tx.5 ships....