Lt. Commander
# 11
09-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsabonayev
"So now there only focus is to drag droves of non core, fly by night players and hope they can fill the game up with them at least in the short term."

Thank god you can turn off zone chat. "WhY can t my ph8srs b rEd?!?!?!? LAMERZZZZ" in between the mass dilithium farm spamming.

Goodie. Goodie. Gumdrop.
Unless they changed it while I wasn't looking, free players won't be able to use zone chat. To me, it seems like this is the major, overlooked difference which will drag all these "I see no reason to pay for an account again, ever!" people back from Silver to Gold: No ability to broadcast in any public chat channel. Free players/farmers/whatever won't be able to spam you, not in chat, not in messages - not with sales pitches, and not with dumb questions, and not with complaints. If you hear someone ask the equivalent of "Where's Sulu?" it'll be from someone paying for the privilege of asking.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Now if I could only take a burning phaser to the Rhode Island and the other Tx.5 ships....
Completely agree, its rediculous to add the lower tier ships at this point of the game and make them a Cstore purchase. Seriously that was dumb especially when they don't add anymore tier 5 variants. Whoever thought of this should be fired....out of a cannon.....into the sun.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernevil
Unless they changed it while I wasn't looking, free players won't be able to use zone chat. To me, it seems like this is the major, overlooked difference which will drag all these "I see no reason to pay for an account again, ever!" people back from Silver to Gold: No ability to broadcast in any public chat channel. Free players/farmers/whatever won't be able to spam you, not in chat, not in messages - not with sales pitches, and not with dumb questions, and not with complaints. If you hear someone ask the equivalent of "Where's Sulu?" it'll be from someone paying for the privilege of asking.
After 20 hours of game play or ANY cstore purchase all the chat, voice and forums are unlocked for silver. Maybe... if someone is REALLY impatient... Nah.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Compared to the dirty cup that was seven years of Voyager, nothing STO does will ever be too huge of a disappointment.

YMMV, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsaber View Post
Compared to the dirty cup that was seven years of Voyager, nothing STO does will ever be too huge of a disappointment.

YMMV, of course.
I enjoyed Voyager.