Lt. Commander
# 11
10-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Only the first time; we actually had a very involved set of discussions trying to find a way to make it work for multiple categories, but it wound up being incredibly impractical, logistically speaking.

Other times: 5m, 10m, 15m, 30m, 2h, 4h, 8h, 7d.
So, are you stating that all leveling of BOs will be on a time progression in which you have stated here and if so, and if it is going to be accomplished correctly then you will have to off balance that time progression with that of content in which will be needed to offset that time instead of grinding? I agree that this game needs some type of time progression, but at the same time it has to be offset by content in which also plays a role in the next leveling or obtaining materials in order to successfully met that criteria.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-01-2011, 04:27 AM
So as reward plaing on Tribble we will get get some doffs on Holdeck but if we maxed for ex military and sience we will get
2 unique purple-quality duty officer on Holdeck as a reward?
or 2 random doff on Holdeck as a reward?
or 1 unique purple-quality/random doff on Holdeck as a reward?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Now I've tinkered with the Doff's for a few hours, I'm proving my earlier post right, boy-o-boy this is deep.. There is more complexity here than you can "shake the proverbial stick at"...

I do have a couple of questions though ..

I've noticed the "Doff" passive's kicking in, when I use the relevant skill, indicated by a timer on the Hud. When the timer runs out, obviously so does the passive... But... Does the passive re-activate after a period of time, or is it a "one-shot" ???... Scratch this one... I think the timer may refer to one of the "Skill bonus plaques" that I picked up as an assignment reward, although I don't remember activating it.. (my bad..lol)

It has been stated that more Doffs can be aqquired via game time/missions... I have yet to find any... "Where at be they, please".. (LOL, my four year old granddaughters way of asking where her sweets are)...

I have more, but I'm using game time here, so I'll keep digging & hopefully I'll trip over the answers "in-game"

Oh & one other thing.. off Doff topic though...

I was suprised to see that the existing FE's are now part of the mission progression arc... I can only summise that this is deliberate to bring them "into the fold", so to speak... But.. will any future FE's also get slotted in ??

Thanx in advance if these get answered...

& finally... Isn't it about time that the "Atari" name was removed from the Log-in screen, & replaced with PW ?? (hehe)

Can I have my (1st year anniversary) Q's fountain, Fed Targ Pup Pet back...Please...
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Only the first time; we actually had a very involved set of discussions trying to find a way to make it work for multiple categories, but it wound up being incredibly impractical, logistically speaking.

Other times: 5m, 10m, 15m, 30m, 2h, 4h, 8h, 7d.

Kinda reminds me of the skill training times that are used in Eve, which works for me because it makes the game feel a little more realistic. Some away missions did take several days to a week, well least in some TNG, DS9, and Voyager episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
I was suprised to see that the existing FE's are now part of the mission progression arc... I can only summise that this is deliberate to bring them "into the fold", so to speak... But.. will any future FE's also get slotted in ??
As far as I understood it, yes. The Featured Episodes will first run as "special" episodes for a limited time that basically anyone can play, but after a while they get integrated in the leveling path.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Have the Dividian missions integrated or are they still separate? I couldn't find them when I had a glance at the the episode list
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
This next entry in our Path to Free-to-Play Dev Blog series presents a detailed look at the new Duty Officer System, available to try out now on the Tribble F2P test server!

Link to F2P Dev Blog #3
Loving these blogs - they're a really nice open way of communicating exactly where things are. Thank you.

Now on a seperate point - I feel the DOff system needs more hand holding at first, a bit of tutorial to guide you through the first steps. I've tried it, used it, but not convinced I'm using it right or well. Maybe it's worth some thought? Don't know what other people thing.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Cryptic,

Really love this idea, thanks for adding this content!
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-01-2011, 10:01 AM
So, can we earn 1 blue + 1 purple + 1 special purple DO overall, or can we earn these 3 per commendation category, meaning, we could theoretically grind for 12 blues + 12 purples +12 special purples?
I don't know if there's enough time for that during the test phase, but it would be pretty cool.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Impressed
10-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Tribble looks great, you guys have had a good forum presence since it's opened, and it seems like you're taking feedback well. Lookin' good Cryptic, keep it up!