Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
10-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Thank you, Heretic, for spending so much time this weekend answering questions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
10-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihnoc
I don't know whether this question has been asked but I'd like to know regardless. Say I level up Medical and Trade to tier IV. Will I get the rewards for both come Holodeck reward time, or just the one I got first or something? I'm not too bothered, but I'm attempting to level all the categories simultaneously, so if I maxed them all, will I get a belated birthday present in the form of 20+ super rare DOffs? I don't mean to sound greedy but, capitalism ho!

Also only leveling through the DOff system so far (no missions) and it's very addictive. Kudos on some great work.
Just the one reward.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
10-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Can I ask a quick question as well?

How long do we get to pick up a completed DOFF assignment? I know some of this type of game, such as Farmville, only give the same amount of time t collect as the job took to run.

I am hoping the answer is they do not expire :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
10-02-2011, 01:45 PM
quick question Heretic. What's up with the Dilithium? Why are we not getting enough at commander to get a commander ship? Why are we not getting Dilithium like Dan (before he left) and others have mentioned we'd get from missions?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
10-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
quick question Heretic. What's up with the Dilithium? Why are we not getting enough at commander to get a commander ship? Why are we not getting Dilithium like Dan (before he left) and others have mentioned we'd get from missions?
Jheinig will have to field this one - it's his area of responsibility.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
How long do we get to pick up a completed DOFF assignment? I know some of this type of game, such as Farmville, only give the same amount of time t collect as the job took to run.

I am hoping the answer is they do not expire :p
Duty officer assignments refresh on a four hour clock, so from the first time you see them, you'll have no more than four hours to come back and start them.

A very, very few assignments can only be done once, and some are very rare, but if you see one once and don't get to it, eventually it will reappear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
10-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
A very, very few assignments can only be done once, and some are very rare, but if you see one once and don't get to it, eventually it will reappear.
are doff assignments affected by sitting in area's like the badlands or the briar patch. i have heard they might be but could not confirm it myself.

will social zones have their own assignments (ie when your on ds9, or starbase 39 etc)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
quick question Heretic. What's up with the Dilithium? Why are we not getting enough at commander to get a commander ship? Why are we not getting Dilithium like Dan (before he left) and others have mentioned we'd get from missions?
It's not only Commander, it's the same at Captain. There are also some Lower Half and Upper Half people flying around in Captain ships, so I guess it is the same there, too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
10-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
quick question Heretic. What's up with the Dilithium? Why are we not getting enough at commander to get a commander ship? Why are we not getting Dilithium like Dan (before he left) and others have mentioned we'd get from missions?
Now THAT will make a lot of people mad if they can't afford a replacement ship at level up.

Does this also mean that they no longer give you a free one when you are promoted? (I'd be testing but Tribble is crashing for me on launch at the moment.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
10-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
These parts constitute promises of what's to come.

If:
  • These rewards do not show up on time, it can be forgiven.
  • These rewards do not occur, or are scaled back, it cannot be.
  • The rewards you say are exclusive wind up on the C-Store, it will be thrown in your face again, and again, and again, don't do that.
I guarantee you these rewards will be in the C-Store at some point. Do the beta testing because you want to, or because you want the rewards before anybody else. If you do the beta testing only because you believe you'll get an exclusive reward from it, you will be disappointed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Duty officer assignments refresh on a four hour clock, so from the first time you see them, you'll have no more than four hours to come back and start them.
Is that a 4 hour personal clock, or 4 hour server clock?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM.