Lt. Commander
# 51
10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Is that a 4 hour personal clock, or 4 hour server clock?
I believe it is tied to the server clock.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Originally, we wanted to do it by tier by commendation category, but for logistical reasons it proved not feasible, so in this case it will mean a maximum of three unique duty officers, as I recall.
Are the rewards Duty Officers the same regardless of category in which we progress? Or do you receive reward duty officers based on the category on which you reach Tiers 1, 2, or 3?
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
quick question Heretic. What's up with the Dilithium? Why are we not getting enough at commander to get a commander ship? Why are we not getting Dilithium like Dan (before he left) and others have mentioned we'd get from missions?

Quote:
Jheinig will have to field this one - it's his area of responsibility.
Is this an I dont know or a yes its working as intended but I dont want everyone yelling at me because we said nothing would change for gold members but changed our minds without telling anyone, and since i can pawn this off on someone else i will. Personally i get that Jheinig may be in charge of the, as far as i can tell, horrible gamebreaking decision that the hey if you want a current lvl ship go c store, issue, unless your totally unaware of the actual answer i really dont see why you just pawned it off instead of answering a completly valid question.

and theres this....
[TTS] <Dev> Rehpic@Rehpic: It is intended that you earn the 20K dilithium to make up the difference for the commander ship by doing dailies. We are still working on tuning he numbers though.

Dailies....really, guess we wont be needing those xp boosts, or Q weekends anymore, otherwise you end up leveling beyond your ability to do the approprate number of dailies to purchase a current lvl ship

luckly im a lifer and ive already got a few va's so i get to avoid this whole thing, but from the perspective of any new player, i feel really bad about this. i was hoping f2p would bring in more folks but i dont see a lot of folks signing up for a grindfest and a half
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks Heretic, one more question. I know the reward is for those who test within the first 3 weeks, any word on when we're going to get to be able to transfer to Tribble?

Edit: NVM, saw the ETA on the F2P blog.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Might also want to point out that after you hit RA LH the stipend of Dilithium goes away.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
If I level up one of the tiers on fed, will i get a reward on my kdf toons too, or just for fed? Likewise if I do it on KDF will I get it for both?

Or do I need to do it on both factions to get the reward on both?
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
I believe it is tied to the server clock.
So wait, I only have 4 hours to pick up a completed DOFF assignment or it just fizzles?

That's kinda... eh.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:

Duty officer assignments refresh on a four hour clock, so from the first time you see them, you'll have no more than four hours to come back and start them.

A very, very few assignments can only be done once, and some are very rare, but if you see one once and don't get to it, eventually it will reappear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
So wait, I only have 4 hours to pick up a completed DOFF assignment or it just fizzles?

That's kinda... eh.
I think you're talking about different things here...

Heretic, I think the question was on a 'completed' assignment, and not on picking up an 'available' assignment from whatever sector.

One that you've already sent doffs out on as opposed to one you haven't picked up yet and is available.
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Has anyone told Perfect World that their idea of free to play will sink this game? 'Cause it looks very much like this game is headed there, and if it is, I want *NO* part of it.

It's one thing to release a game in that style. You can't successfully convert a Pay to Play to a true Free to Play without a lot of animosity, and (yes, I'll go this far) hatred.

If the recent course that Cryptic is going down, which has been so far so full of lies, broken promises and/or lack of communication at every turn, doesn't change, there will be a lot of people telling their friends that this game is not worth playing. I don't want this game to die, but that's the path it's going down. We didn't sign up only to have this game ruined by a bunch of know-it-alls who think they can turn a full subscription game into an Eastern style MMO. What's popular inthe Western world is the hybrid model made popular by DDO, and copied similarly by CO and LoTRO.

But hey, I'm just part of the "vocal minority," so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post

That's kinda... eh.
Sorry, I think I misunderstood. I thought you meant prospective assignments, not completed assignments.

A completed assignment will hang around indefinitely until you want to pick it up, but it will count towards the twenty maximum simultaneous assignments.