Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
10-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I'm not 100% sure exactly how we're going to parse Diplomacy, but the intent for this is to reward use of the duty officer system, so we will attempt to align the reward mechanics as closely as we can to this.
Sorry I hate reading between the lines. So basically are you saying "maybe" diplomacy will count or is it a "Yes" or "No" Diplomacy Will/Won't Count? I know a lot of us have been playing with the DOFF system and the announcement said any commendation category up to tier 3. I myself have been hitting the diplomacy hard both with DOFFs and with missions. I think we just want to know if the "any commendation" category to tier 3 is going to be changed to "any commendation but Diplomacy" category. Thanks ahead of time for clearing this up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bittercold View Post
Sorry I hate reading between the lines. So basically are you saying "maybe" diplomacy will count or is it a "Yes" or "No" Diplomacy Will/Won't Count? I know a lot of us have been playing with the DOFF system and the announcement said any commendation category up to tier 3. I myself have been hitting the diplomacy hard both with DOFFs and with missions. I think we just want to know if the "any commendation" category to tier 3 is going to be changed to "any commendation but Diplomacy" category. Thanks ahead of time for clearing this up.
I think the biggest issue will be players who transfer a character over. That character could be tier 2+ in Diplomacy which is then ranked to tier 3 on tribble. Should and will they be eligible for all/any rewards?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
10-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bittercold View Post
Sorry I hate reading between the lines. So basically are you saying "maybe" diplomacy will count or is it a "Yes" or "No" Diplomacy Will/Won't Count? I know a lot of us have been playing with the DOFF system and the announcement said any commendation category up to tier 3. I myself have been hitting the diplomacy hard both with DOFFs and with missions. I think we just want to know if the "any commendation" category to tier 3 is going to be changed to "any commendation but Diplomacy" category. Thanks ahead of time for clearing this up.
I'd like to know this, too, as I have been primarily focusing on diplomacy as well (both missions and DOff assignments). Can we please get a "yes" or "no" answer. A "maybe" really doesn't suffice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
10-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I'm not 100% sure exactly how we're going to parse Diplomacy, but the intent for this is to reward use of the duty officer system, so we will attempt to align the reward mechanics as closely as we can to this.
Might want to get that hammered out sooner rather than later since it has been stated, by you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
As a bonus, playing on Tribble can earn your character on Holodeck some free random Duty Officers, awarded within the three weeks after free-to-play goes live on Holodeck. Complete any Tier 1 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique blue-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 2 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique purple-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 3 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive a unique purple-quality duty officer with an active roster ability not attainable anywhere else in the game.
Highlighted the key words there. Since Diplomacy is a part of the duty officer system, admittedly it is one that does have playable missions attached to it, and does have Commendation Category Accolades attached to it, the question needs to be answered if it will count or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm working Diplo actively, mainly via DOFFs but I'd like to see something more along the lines of an Amount of total commendation points versus t3 in any given tier as I really don't see Tier 3 in 2-3 weeks in anything BUT Diplo as feasible.

I say this because I'm also actively working on Military and espionage as well as Medical and have maybe 1/4 of the way to Tier 1 completion in each and that's with several Crit Successes in Medical an Military...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76 whats up with the dilithium
10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
I have been playing on the test server i got to commander and was susposed to get a new ship but i didnt get enough dilithium to buy one so now i have to do the commander missions with a lt commander ship whats up with that if anyone has any tips on how to fix this problem that would be great
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager10759 View Post
I have been playing on the test server i got to commander and was susposed to get a new ship but i didnt get enough dilithium to buy one so now i have to do the commander missions with a lt commander ship whats up with that if anyone has any tips on how to fix this problem that would be great
should have got a free cmdr ship when you got promoted. but if not there are missions and assignments all over the place that award big on it.

sorry heretic if i placed stress on you, but we do need this question answered, most of us are here not only to test and see what this new content is about, but for a special limited time offer of DOffs you cant get anywheres but hitting a certain point. and 3 weeks maybe a harsh judgement. even more so with most of the major hitter assignments taking 3days+ for a mare 150 points into engineering and those are rare.

again im not trying to be a jerk. i just like to be rewarded for giving my all and helping with testing this new content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
10-04-2011, 05:36 PM
What's the timeframe for completing these milestones to gain the rewards? A lot of people on Tribble are saying you have to hit VA in 2 weeks to get that reward. Is that true?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
What's the timeframe for completing these milestones to gain the rewards? A lot of people on Tribble are saying you have to hit VA in 2 weeks to get that reward. Is that true?
no, you have to hit T3 in any field applying only to the Duty officers, as said in the blog. it has nothing to do with rank or level. just the use of duty officers.

and we are asking if diplomacy and research works as they are tied in with regular mission progression, and you can quest and build stuff for the XP.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35 AM.