Lt. Commander
# 11
10-01-2011, 08:48 AM
To be fair, Sand, you're playing on a testing server. Nothing's definitive yet, and your rights to be ****ed off are somewhat lessened. Sand does have a point, though, in that dilithium should be more prominent in regular game progression.

Dilithium does seem to be accessible via the calendar dailies and the other daily missions (i.e. Satellite Repair in the Devidian arc), but I'm rather hoping there will be easier ways to gain dilithium when the final build goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Dilithium will be the new emblems. you will need a certain amount to get a new ship. In other words, it will take u years to get that many.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-01-2011, 08:54 AM
They said through normal progression. I am somewhat ok if it isn't, just say something.

According to an ingame NPC at the center of ESD, the only ways to get dilithium is: PvP, Exploration, and dailies. Which is just super since I don't like to do any of those.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-01-2011, 08:59 AM
PvP? Really?

I'm sure there's a small portion of the game which enjoys the exploration missions, but I'm guessing that the majority of the player base does not. Dailies, sure, that's fine. Why not have them as rewards from replaying all missions, though, at a scaling rate? Stranded in space, oh, that's only 80 dilithium. The final Undine mission chain, that's 1,200 each, that sort of thing. Also have it as a base reward for fleet actions. If PvPers can earn dilithium doing what they enjoy in the game, why can't the other people playing the game?

Mission replays and fleet actions should reward dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Dilithium will be the new emblems. you will need a certain amount to get a new ship. In other words, it will take u years to get that many.
Well, Im fine with that per se, but why were the prices on ships that previously cost credits also changed to delithium?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Well, the exploration bit isn't in apparently. Did Delta Volanis a couple of times and no Dilithium for me. Does anyone still sell gear for ECs?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Well, the exploration bit isn't in apparently. Did Delta Volanis a couple of times and no Dilithium for me. Does anyone still sell gear for ECs?
Doesn't look like PvP is getting it either. I did one earlier, my side won, and I didn't get any dilithium. Maybe because it was Fed vs Fed? Shouldn't but maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Hmm.

I think Cryptic goofed on this one then. There's no reliable way to get Dilithium in game, and you need it to purchase higher level ships.

Cryptic, fix this before all your testers leave, k, thx.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-01-2011, 01:08 PM
To be honest, I think the new currency system is a lot more complicated than the old system.

Also, I think the lack of access to dilithium is actually a test by the devs to see how much "lack of access" they can get away with without causing a riot. They've pretty much already said that dilithium and cryptic points will be interchangable.... meaning in game means of finding dilithium will be harder. It is an effort to make it seem like buying dilithium through the c-store is an attractive alternative.

AND that makes every single ship that was obtainable in game.... obtainable through the c-store
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Wow, no more free ship tokens when you Rank up? This game is just getting worse and worse with F2P. Star Grind Online? No thanks, thank goodness im a VA 1 already and dont have to put up with with this crap.