Lt. Commander
# 71
10-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Im in agreement with this, the effect is too much. I like the effect but on a ship its too much, the amount of debris coming off my cruiser, I though I was dead the first time I got hit with it.
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I like the animation of the cutting beams themselves, but I have to agree I dislike the rocks and the excessive effects. We do have shields after all, it should be blocking a good bit of that, and if not we should be seeing panels of the ship coming off, not asteroid rocks. I think every single person (in and out of our fleet) on our ventrilo who saw this effect was completely annoyed by it. The beams however look great, and I think we all agreed upon that. Its fine they're using mining lasers, but lets not have rocks fly out of our ship.
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I didn't read all eight pages of this thread, so someone may have raised this question, but why are Gorn warships using mining lasers (designed for cutting) instead of disruptors (designed for...disrupting)? You can hurt someone with a pickaxe, sure, but you can do a lot more damage with a well-balanced and sharpened sword.
Lt. Commander
# 74
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
This new fx is obnoxious and causes lag - and I already have a new (2009) PC.
And as already pointed out, it obscures a lot of the screen.

Please, remove this heat beam effect.