Lt. Commander
# 1 Sporadic Difficulty
10-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Anybody else noticing a major issue withe the difficulty of missions in game?

Its really weird how even on normal, missions go

Easy, easy, easy, super mega hard, easy, easy.

I get the feeling new players are going to get very frustrated at that.

I'm looking at you end battle of "Stop the Signal".
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Anybody else noticing a major issue withe the difficulty of missions in game?

Its really weird how even on normal, missions go

Easy, easy, easy, super mega hard, easy, easy.

I get the feeling new players are going to get very frustrated at that.

I'm looking at you end battle of "Stop the Signal".
Yeah that one is a major p.i.t.a.

I had to wait till I was Lt.Com 1 on my engineer and come back with the Tier 2 Cruiser and take out the mission.
Was a heck of alot easier that time around as I was able to get through it with no damage to myself and almost all of the NPC Klingon ships still there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-01-2011, 09:30 AM
One thing I will point out is that all the story missions seem to level with you... It seems like that this has caused a side effect of certain boss creatures to scale badly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-01-2011, 09:30 AM
So far I've only really noticed it with stop the signal.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Dividian Phantasms. Just sick at low level regardless of difficulty.

Perhaps these could be looked at a little.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I think the problem with that battle is that the NPC Undine ships respawn but the NPC Klingon ships don't.

If the Klink ships did i'd be able to slowly whittle down the main ship but as it is if they die i have to restart that whole battle because i simple cannot even damage the shields without those klingon NPCs there to help.

It's that or they have to mark it as a low level duo, it's easy enough if you have two people in the fight.

With those tough ground battles i use a strategy of placing some sort of turret on the ground, if you have to respawn while that's still up the NPC's stay fighting and don't regen their health. While i may die a few times it does mean i can pass it without needing anyone elses help.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-01-2011, 11:57 AM
its the level scaling garbage. It ruined the balance of the game completely.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Itīs not the scaling itself as a feature. Itīs the bad implementation. Long before the ground combat update there were enemies in the exploration sectors that killed your whole away team with two shots. After the update, this is even more widespread. Somehow the scaling tech works badly with some mobs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Yeah to be honest i'm no fan of that either, must admit this was the first time i had problems with that undine ship. Every other time i was a Captain and blitzed it, for me a big part of the fun in an RPG is being able to level up to better handle a mission. With the missions levelling up with me i feel like cryptic might aswell take levelling right out of the game.

I never got over the whole Oblivion levelling where you could finish it at level 3 and be a breeze or hit top level and fight bandits in armour so expensive and high end they could use it to purchase and fund their own feifdom.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Itīs not the scaling itself as a feature. Itīs the bad implementation. Long before the ground combat update there were enemies in the exploration sectors that killed your whole away team with two shots. After the update, this is even more widespread. Somehow the scaling tech works badly with some mobs.
Level scaling is bad in general, at least in the past when some mobs where OP'd like that, you could level up doing other stuff and come back and get around it. With scaling you can only get around it with cheesing the system by finding a lower level player and Scaling down.