Lt. Commander
# 1 FPS issues after Tribble
09-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey guys,

I have a question. Has anyone had issues with FPS or stuttering or lag or things like that since tribble hit? because my computer used to run STO flawless on three screens now it runs like... poo to put it nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-30-2011, 07:44 PM
What are your system specs and what are your current settings ingame and in your ati/nvidia console? Stuttering is mainly cause with shadows set to high, but since the S4 update most if that got fixed for a majority.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
What are your system specs and what are your current settings ingame and in your ati/nvidia console? Stuttering is mainly cause with shadows set to high, but since the S4 update most if that got fixed for a majority.
I could list out my set up for you but it would not matter as it seems to have gotten fixed. Honestly I do not know what happened lol. I uninstalled the video drivers, tried several version, tried all sorts of crazy settings and then I forced the game to run full version check after the version check it is back to running flawless on all three screens with even better performance than before (minus the distorted FOV on my side monitors but I have to wait for cryptic to fix that).

in the next few weeks I will be picking up a second video card anyway but thank you for your comment and interest in the issue I wish I could tell you what finally fixed it but the issue seems to be gone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdeck View Post
I could list out my set up for you but it would not matter as it seems to have gotten fixed. Honestly I do not know what happened lol. I uninstalled the video drivers, tried several version, tried all sorts of crazy settings and then I forced the game to run full version check after the version check it is back to running flawless on all three screens with even better performance than before (minus the distorted FOV on my side monitors but I have to wait for cryptic to fix that).

in the next few weeks I will be picking up a second video card anyway but thank you for your comment and interest in the issue I wish I could tell you what finally fixed it but the issue seems to be gone.
did you doa clean install of the last driver set? that might be what did it as sometime old reg files from previous versions conflict with newer ones and glad you got it fixed.