Lt. Commander
With the new mission sequence on Tribble, an interesting issue caught my eye.

The episode sequence starts out with the B'Vat line before taking a detour to deal with the Devidians. Coming out of that (and I hadn't really done many side missions like exploration - I think I did one round in Delta Volanis, a failed Borg Red Alert and one run through the attack on the ISS Stavi) I was Lt.Cdr 5 or thereabouts.

Then the mission sequence goes back to 'The Kuva'Magh'. This used to be about Lt8 and the Mark 2 rewards made sense. With the new levelling curve, most people will be getting to it midway through the Lt Cdr grades and Mark 2 rewards...well, they just don't cut it anymore.

We already have levelling enemies within missions. Can we get levelling rewards as well - at least for the first play of a mission - so that people don't find themselves being 'rewarded' with gear some way below their grade?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2011, 08:17 PM
yea, the aaaah Mission rewards need to get tweaked.. getting LtC rewards at Cmdr..things like that..

I do understand that this is a bit of a Kludge Job. Hopefully this will get worked out.

(crossing fingers just in case!)
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I thought I had heard that they upped the XP gain up to Lt Cdr just for the beta purposes, so you can get into the Doff system earlier. I don't think this is a sign of how much XP you'll be getting when it goes live, it was just to jump start your new character on Tribble.

They wanted people to try the new low tier game content, but didn't want them to have to spend a week on it.