Lt. Commander
So we only get these unique boffs and other items for playing tribble over again? starting a new toon from scratch playing the same game over again.Ill be a gold member when it goes f2p so ill be paying and everyone else who stays subbed be we wont get these unique items unless we grind tribble again,thats harsh
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2011, 03:04 PM
It's not harsh or unfair. They want us to start new characters and test the whole game, not just part of it. Otherwise, what's the point of a test server? I started a new level 1 character on Tribble earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-01-2011, 03:12 PM
its the same game with a few graphical updates thrown in,they are going to alienate paying subscribers if they carry on like this,im not grinding another toon to find the same bugs that still havent been fixed on holodeck
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-of-8
im not grinding another toon to find the same bugs that still havent been fixed on holodeck
And that is your choice, which is perfectly reasonable. But still your choice.

For those of us that will grind it out and test to make sure everything looks great, don't touch our rewards :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I've missed several tribble rewards already, you just have to live with it and hope they offer it again at a later time. This has been happening for a long time now and it doesn't seem to be the thing that alienates the paying customers.

FYI, it's quite a lot more than just a few graphical updates.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I dont mind the rewards, or missing them, because I'll be damned if Im going to level another character. Im going to test the DOFF stuff and thats it. Thats just me and my decision. Rewards are nice. Not important though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-01-2011, 03:48 PM
You level up on Tribble to Lt Cdr or Captain and get some special rewards for the time invested
or
You don't invest the time but also get nothing.

What you want is... a special reward for doing nothing.
Color me impressed.

Except that special whatever you don't really miss anything. It is up to you if you want to buy a ship slot or if you even need one at all - or if you really want to play to Captain rank to get one "for free".
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-01-2011, 03:53 PM
wait, your complaining that people that helps to test the f2p version gets some sort of reward?
and your to lazy to go and help and level up a char and get some rewards for yourself?

Lt. Commander
# 9
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
nothing upfair about it..

Its an incentive to make the bother of creating a new toon from scratch on the server less bothersome..

it is a TEST server, not the final polished version of anything.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see one or two character wipes on the TTS before were done as testing feedback revels some things need to be tossed!

If you don't want to get a preview taste of Things To Come, then you certainly don't have to bother with it.
But if your going to play on a TEST server you really must be prepared to deal with "Its broken", "That doesn't feel right" , missing features, stifled progression, oopses, etc.

I'm going to have to do a bit of inventive grindage to advance my current toon on TTS due to the lack of Dilithium to get the next tier of ship as you advance beyong LtC. Fortunatly I know the game rather well so I know what ships types I can stick in and what can be skipped.. For example, my Cmdr TAC is in the Nova sci ship right now, when I make Captain I'll spend my current amount of Dilithium to get the T-3 Excensior because that ship can carry me through to ADM as long as I'm a little bt carefull, and that saves a portion of my Dilithium for later use at higher ranks untill they get the rest of the game econ features in. I can always start another toon down the road. Unlike normal monthly player I started with 4-6 character slots because my account allready had 2 extra slots I bought long ago, plus one or two additional slots.

I am going to work the dickens out of the test server myself, and later on I may transfer one each of my Holodeck mains over with thier existing equipage/wealth .... If for no other reason then to help test the conversion process of badges to Dilithium etc..

Keep in mind what we're doing is testing the F2P process and WILL be testing the conversion of the existing data base and characters to the F2P version of the game. This is a BIG change in the game, and it needs to go as flawlessly as humanly possible so as to upset as few apple carts as possible. Either way, this is gonna be a painfull process at times so if you stick with the Tribble testing you will get some pretty spiff rewards, and some of those rewards will require a fairly serious commitment to testing (specificly the DOFF goodies..)

I saw someonw who's a PvP'r getting all ****y about what good are DOFF's to the PvP'rs..what a waste etc.. Geez.. the DOFF system is going to add craploads of passives to to play that will enhance your ships and toons. I'm allready seeing increased effectivness because of DOFF mission rewards and its what, day 2 or 3? The more DOFF missions you do the more effective they reward you. I Allready have significant increasses in passives that effect ENG.TAC,and SCI powers and abilities... and I'm allready thinking some of them may need to be toned down a little..

Think of it this way.. this is OUR chance to help craft STO to be what we want. so dig in and get with the testing.. There several levels of possible rewards for taking part, but the really really nice one are going to require a lot more work then just simply logging on and playing..

Khemaraa sends
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-of-8
So we only get these unique boffs and other items for playing tribble over again? starting a new toon from scratch playing the same game over again.Ill be a gold member when it goes f2p so ill be paying and everyone else who stays subbed be we wont get these unique items unless we grind tribble again,thats harsh
I see nothing wrong with people getting rewarded for testing stuff on Tribble. Usually alot of bugs are found by the testers and are fixed before the stuff on Tribble hits holodeck. You want the reward? Create a toon on Tribble and help out. If not...shut up.
Closed Thread