Lt. Commander
# 1 Panic or not?
10-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi,

I`m a lifer, and I`m paying 2 more accounts in my family. I`m thinking about Crytic`s last trick about 500 day reward 250 removal. Basically I feel myself robbed out.
But I slept a night on it and started to thinking. I`m from an East-European country, so I know well how the government can do changes in the economy from one day to another against us. Can i trust Crytic about the currency system changing movements or not? They are listening us, or we are not important customers anymore? Always we needed to react somehow to save what we still have.

So, I have 8 chars, 280 to 800 emblems each and all together 280MEc. What do you think to do with them now to save the value of them? Buy purple items and store it? Or sell the exchange and sell the ec to something other.

Thank you, if you tell me your ideas,

Have a nice weekend,
Zilok
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2011, 12:04 AM
they will add the reward back once the conversion is sorted. they had their reasons for removing it now, not sure i agree with it but it wont be gone forever.

the character transfer to tribble will be up in a couple of weeks. you will be able to port your characters over and see exactly what you would get so no need to do anything yet,
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2011, 05:41 AM
i have to say i am a bit worried about the economy changes too...

it feels like DM to Euro all over again.

and hell did we let ourselfs get screwed with the Euro, everything is twice as expensive now.

removing the 250 Emblems from the reward MONTHS before the actual F2P changes happen on Holodeck was a bad PR move, especially since they did not say why or when or how much etc.

anyway, without being able to see what the C-Store ships cost in Dilithium on Tribble, i can't even calculate how much dilithium those 250 Emblems would translate too...

i am worried, skeptic and concerned, but i will not call shenanigans before i have actual numbers to back it up.

anyway, not being able to buy a Cmdr. Ship on Rank Up is the first obvious red alert sign.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
removing the 250 Emblems from the reward MONTHS before the actual F2P changes happen on Holodeck was a bad PR move, especially since they did not say why or when or how much etc.
I believe Gozer said they did it so people wouldn't make a bunch of characters before the transition and let them sit around at level 1 waiting for a FTP emblem conversion. If you notice your existing characters still have your emblems but any new character you make doesn't. They didn't want people to front-load and try and cheat the conversion system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Hi,

I`m a lifer, and I`m paying 2 more accounts in my family. I`m thinking about Crytic`s last trick about 500 day reward 250 removal. Basically I feel myself robbed out.
But I slept a night on it and started to thinking. I`m from an East-European country, so I know well how the government can do changes in the economy from one day to another against us. Can i trust Crytic about the currency system changing movements or not? They are listening us, or we are not important customers anymore? Always we needed to react somehow to save what we still have.

So, I have 8 chars, 280 to 800 emblems each and all together 280MEc. What do you think to do with them now to save the value of them? Buy purple items and store it? Or sell the exchange and sell the ec to something other.

Thank you, if you tell me your ideas,

Have a nice weekend,
Zilok
I would hold onto the emblems, unless you really want the purple equipment you can get for them now. The conversion to dilithium probably won't be in your advantage but you can use it by selling it on the exchange for cryptic points. That'll help you buy new stuff you might want from the c-store for free later.

The energy credits are useless. Even silver players will get a 100 million ec limit. If I were you I would trade all my EC to my lifetime account and then convert the other 2 family accounts to silver. Just buy them an extra character slot each and then stop paying sub fees for them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-03-2011, 01:55 AM
It couldn't possibly be as bad as the conversion of stims and buff packs when SWG went from pre-CU to CU. I literally lost a several hundred million credits in bad stock conversions, as well as lost value on extremely high quality resources that had no use for over a year. I was never able to recoup beyond 300 million credits before I quit playing the game.