Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
I have done a ton of exploration missions...and the game has failed to reward any dilithium crystals. Also, Aid the Planet Missions are rip-off missions. You fly in the system and waste your time to acquire commodities, then after all that, there is not reward.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm hoping this is a work in progress and these things will be fixed soon. You're right about helping planets, though. I no longer have any desire to aid planets since they took away the commodity rewards and replaced them with nothing. All you get for exploration missions is some SP, BO skill points, Starfleet Merits and "a level appropriate reward." (I got a console)
Lt. Commander
If they wreck exploration missions...to force people to only do the story based mission to make xp, the game is done. They might as not even call it Star Trek. It should be renamed to Non-Stop war.

Personally, when I come out of the tutorial, I do not bother with the story based missions. I skip them entirely. I go strait into exploration missions. None of the missions are Star Trek type stories. They are just fly here and destroy this. Then fly here and destroy this. And in case you the last two things were not enough, destroy this other thing here.

This is the problem when the people writing the stories are all PVP player types. I do not think the developers in this game are capable of writing a story where combat was not involved.

Every area of the game is a war front. If war with the Klingons is not enough, let us get in a war with the Romulans, they blew up their homeworld and wrecked their economy, but hey, they still want to fight a war. Then if that is not enough, lets start a war with the Borg, the Cardassians, and every other faction in Star Trek.

I can bet when the Tholians enter the game we will be in another war.

There is no purpose to anything in the game other than violence.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Since they've explicitly said you can get dilithium from exploration and dilithium is only just barely implemented in the build currently on Tribble, I think it's safe to say this is a work in progress and it'll get fixed well before Free-to-Play launches.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I think the exploration rewards will change, atm its only the item box. For the story missions, the problem is, that they are all tied in one large mission chain now. You have to play every single story mission, to get to Assimilation for example. That's just plain stupid, too many of the story missions are too boring. Another problem are broken missions, we had one of the Breen mission broken for a long time, Night of the Comet can give you invulnerable npcs sometimes, Stop the Signal has a serious bug atm. This will stop everybody from playing if they introduce another showstopper.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
I think the exploration rewards will change, atm its only the item box. For the story missions, the problem is, that they are all tied in one large mission chain now. You have to play every single story mission, to get to Assimilation for example. That's just plain stupid, too many of the story missions are too boring. Another problem are broken missions, we had one of the Breen mission broken for a long time, Night of the Comet can give you invulnerable npcs sometimes, Stop the Signal has a serious bug atm. This will stop everybody from playing if they introduce another showstopper.
I am not sure if it qualifies as 'stupid'

Champions Online STFs which are called adventure packs, have the same system which they are proposing for STO. I really like the adventure pack system they have for Champions Online. I think once they get it all working correctly, it will be fine.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-03-2011, 11:52 PM
I do not have a problem with story/mission chains, I really like them. The problem is, putting every single mission in one big chain so you can't skip anything in case you don't like it or it is broken. Now that my Tribble test character is higher ranked I realized that I don't have access to Gamma Orionis till I reach the Borg storyline, no matter if I'm RA 3 or not. I'm almost VA and can't enter Gamma or the B'tran cluster, that seems just wrong and I'm feeling restricted by the game.