Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
...I really hate when we are doing exploration missions and that 'stupid' pop up screen comes out which cuts out your keyboards ability to use the waveform generator to get the last set of anomalies.

Is it to much to ask for them to put a delay on the last popup, or just get rid of it. I do not need a popup screen to tell me the mission is over. Is it not sufficient enough to have the NPC writing in the chat window? I rather have the anomalies.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Over all, i just stick with using the mouse for the last one instead of the key board, but yeah, it IS a bit aggrivating when i'm trying to get the wavelength right and suddenly by off pops up to ask me to leave....

I too have lost many a Particle to the poorly timed Boff call.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2011, 11:15 PM
It's annoying, but that's how it's going to be for a while yet.

To fix the problem, programmer time would have to be allotted to go through every single data collection exploration map in the game and manually set the minigame window to have precedence over the dialog window. This isn't something they can do globally, apparently.
And, since they've mentioned several times that they're in the early stages of completely redoing how exploration works, it would be a waste of time to allocate that now if they can fix it while they're working on exploration maps as a whole.

It sucks, but that's the way it is for now. If you're fairly quick, you can usually get in a couple of keyboard hits before the dialog window pops up, and that helps get it matched before time runs out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-03-2011, 12:26 AM
when the window pops-up, hit F ... that will close the pop-up and return you to the scanning screen with plenty of time to match the wave form
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Another way is to set Auto loot then when the popup opens you can select depart system and you still get your loot. I have never NOT had time to match only receive the loot.
Lt. Commander
# 6 You get the...
10-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkalus View Post
Another way is to set Auto loot then when the popup opens you can select depart system and you still get your loot. I have never NOT had time to match only receive the loot.
You get the...one or two anomalies that normally drop with out the waveform generator, but you lose the 5 to 10 plus trace element, you may have gotten because the popup screen won't allow the keyboard control to function while the popup screen is the top screen. Then your left with the mouse which is very slow and touchy.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Clicking anywhere on waveform window will bring it back to the front, and link the keyboard back to that window. The windows in STO work just like the windows in Windows have since ~Win95, i doubt we'll see much change in how windows behave.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by openair View Post
Clicking anywhere on waveform window will bring it back to the front, and link the keyboard back to that window. The windows in STO work just like the windows in Windows have since ~Win95, i doubt we'll see much change in how windows behave.
They can delay the countdown clock...on the last waveform to account for the popup screen. So that the player can account for the time they have to move the popup window out of the way.

Thank you