Lt. Commander
I think level 12 is way too late for the DOFF system, even Lt ships have crew too. Perhaps unlock it at Lt 5 and limit the amount of duty officers to 5 or so to allow dabbling and getting use to the system.

A Captain and 3 bridge officers is not enough crew to run a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2011, 03:31 PM
While that is true, I think from the perspective of a noob player however, dealing with Doffs rigth from teh beginning is too much micromanaging and learning.
Suggestion: just unlock it once per account if you have reached LC teh first time. A second character could get it right at the start no problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
While that is true, I think from the perspective of a noob player however, dealing with Doffs rigth from teh beginning is too much micromanaging and learning.
Suggestion: just unlock it once per account if you have reached LC teh first time. A second character could get it right at the start no problem.
Thats a good idea too, so at least vets dont get babied along with newbies, either way though, I'd love to see a lesser DOFF system earlier on. Even with a 3 DOFF limit or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
best suggestion ive heard. And its something they should have done on tribble from the start. I just wanted to test the DoFF system not level a new character thats not even on live. Could atleast boost the exp a ton so people can test more of the game in less time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Yeah, that makes great sense.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-02-2011, 08:11 AM
From my experience so far its utterly frustrating I go from system to system with around 20 some boffs now and have to spend a few hours till i can get them all on a mission most of them I do not have required duty officer, items, or it is showing missions too high of a level for me to do. Among other thing regular game play would be horrid to start without already have established characters to start off with I don't think the rewards are worth the frustration to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-02-2011, 10:08 AM
I agree with the OP. It should be available from the start of the game, even worked into a tutorial mission if possible. The suggestion that Timelord_Victorious makes is okay too, but seeing as how the Doff system is optional, I don't think it's necessary to keep new players who want to try it away from the system until LC. If it's too much micromanagement for them at the time, then they don't have to do it. It's that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Exactly, they already scale how many BOs we get per rank, do the same with DOFFs and offer it earlier.

This could actually help get people into it who otherwise not like it. How? Well when you have a smaller number, say 10 since 20 is LtC, its smaller and easier to manage, people can play with their 10 doffs as Lt easily enough and it wont seem so heavily Micromanged with a smaller number, so by the time more DOFFs unlock, the system will be easier since they got used to it better.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
I agree. It should start much sooner with a tutorial and be scaled along with BOs. If I was a new player I'd want all of my tutorials to be staggered throughout my beginning levels (LT) and then left to take off smaller bites for myself after I set out on my own (LTC): those smaller bites being limited BO and DOFF slots and such.