Lt. Commander
# 121
10-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post

2) The missions are still balanced such that they're crazy difficult in space if you're not in an appropriate tier ship. I'd have no problem sticking in my Connie through Commmander levels, if I could reasonably expect to win the space missions, as is I'm up to Commander 4 this morning and every space mission I've done I've just squeaked out by ther skin of my teeth, and even then only after 3 or 4 respawns. I imagine trying to do admiral level missions in a Galaxy will be the same, if not worse. I just don't have enough hull, DPS, or BOFF skills to do the space mission efficiently.
This is way too true. Currently trying to work through the Commander levels with a LC ship is painful. if we can upgrade ships this wouldn't be a problem. but we know how the devs feel about that.
Lt. Commander
# 122
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
We did indeed mess up the Dilithium rewards on rank up in this update and it's definitely a mess. A fixed version is coming in this week's build that should be up on Thursday morning.

The "fix" does not give out completely free ships at each rank or give out enough Dilithium that you can get the ship for free at all ranks, but the gap between what you get and what you need was totally wrong and we're working to fix it.

This seems like an important topic to the community, so I'll pull together a far more detailed post and get it into the Dev Blog later this week.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Notice the bold/red text. I recommend we hold complaints of the system until we see the new system. Everyone is pretty much saying the same thing. So let's wait for the devs to act according, and if what they put out sucks, then we can have at it!
Lt. Commander
# 123
10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
You're doing math without all the required inputs. You're leaving out any other sources of Dilithium from anywhere else than two 1440 Dilithium dailies, and you can't add the other sources because they're not in the build yet. How do you believe that can be anywhere near accurate?

Again, the economy is not 'screwed up', it's INCOMPLETE. NOT FINISHED. Which makes it pretty much impossible to test. It's like trying to test how well you can paint the Sistine Chapel, but they haven't given us any paint or even a ladder.
Yep, many tend to ignore this. I already have mentioned earlier if this would be the build that goes live you all can grab your torches and light everything on fire, but right now its quite useless to complain about unfinised stuff, especial when we already know there will be a lot more sources.
Lt. Commander
# 124
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrit122 View Post
Notice the bold/red text. I recommend we hold complaints of the system until we see the new system. Everyone is pretty much saying the same thing. So let's wait for the devs to act according, and if what they put out sucks, then we can have at it!
Still... I wonder why we aren't given a ship to command (free, btw), but rather have to buy it. I can't see Kirk or Picard doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 125
10-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
I still say you guys are making snap judgements from an incomplete picture.

You're NOT seeing the Dilithium we're supposedly going to be getting from missions.
You're NOT seeing the Dilithium we'll be getting from Star Cluster explores.
You're NOT seeing the Dilithium we'll be getting from PvP.
You're NOT seeing the Dilithium we'll be getting from all the other events in the events system.
You're NOT seeing the Dilithium we could get from trading in C-points from our subscriber stipend.
...and there might even be more that we're not seeing yet.

It's like you guys are saying the picture sucks when "the picture" you're looking at is only 1/8th of the pieces of an unassembled jigsaw puzzle. You don't even have all the pieces, much less have them assembled in any form that resembles what the final product is supposed to look like.
All of which is completely irrellevant.

- We are loosing our entitled free ship token at rank up, despite the fact that we SUBSCRIBE.
- We will be forced to spend dilithium to buy a new ship instead of being able to buy better equipment like we do NOW with "badges", "marks" and "emblems".

What Cryptic currently is trying to give us is nothing short of short changing us and unacceptable for us gold members.
Lt. Commander
# 126
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Still... I wonder why we aren't given a ship to command (free, btw), but rather have to buy it. I can't see Kirk or Picard doing that.
Because this is a space/ Sci-fi MMO, not star trek...
Lt. Commander
# 127
10-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
I see the bold red text, I even said in my post we'd have to see what they came out with once it was fixed to have a final word on it. But that shouldn't keep us from speaking up. They want our input on what happening on the test server, if we disagree with how they plan to do something, now's the time to say so, rather than once it's on Holodeck, and would be much harder to change.
Lt. Commander
# 128
10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MChez
An elegant solution, as has already been suggested, is keeping the free ship token (or equivalent dilithum injection) at level up for subscribers and providing ftp folks the option of more game activity or c-store as a way to make up the difference. This is potentially a win-win for the business model and the player base.

It keeps present subscribers comfortable with the system in place, as was suggested would not be altered, while at the same time advocating for ftp players to upgrade to a gold subscription or make up for it with single time purchases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post

- We are loosing our entitled free ship token at rank up, despite the fact that we SUBSCRIBE.
- We will be forced to spend dilithium to buy a new ship instead of being able to buy better equipment like we do NOW with "badges", "marks" and "emblems".

What Cryptic currently is trying to give us is nothing short of short changing us and unacceptable for us gold members.
This really sums it up for me. I think the Dilithium system may indeed be fine for the F2P players, who may either grind out the Dilithium or pay for a (slightly better) ship in the C-Store. But for Gold players, they most definitely ARE taking away something we already had for the price of our subscription. Simply giving Gold players the free ship tokens as they have in the past will remedy this. It also gives Gold subs something to help bolster the Gold side of the Matrix, to actually give people a -reason- to pay a monthly fee.
Lt. Commander
# 129
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrit122 View Post
Ok ... so can we pass the time by sharpening bat'leths and swords and reading the torches for later lighting in case we are not happy?

hmmm ... wonder what a Klingon "Flash Mob" would entail?
Lt. Commander
# 130
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Ok ... so can we pass the time by sharpening bat'leths and swords and reading the torches for later lighting in case we are not happy?

hmmm ... wonder what a Klingon "Flash Mob" would entail?
I'm guessing there would be a lot of bandaids involved afterwords.