Lt. Commander
# 31
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
I remember guys not every missions is giving Dilithium yet

Be Patient.
Then why bother to change it at all ? The token worked fine. And additional ships of the same tier could always cost dilithium, as they are not needed and only interesting for collectors and such.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Just stopped play testing because free ship token is gone.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capraibex
Completely ridiculous, like captain Kirk had to buy his own ship. Totally not Startrek like, buying your own ship. Never seen that in any of the movies and series. You work for the Federation so you should get a ship from the Federation.
While I agree with the -SENTIMENT- behind your post... there is really nothing in the shows to suggest that Captain Kirk didn't spend all his free time racking up Dilithium! Maybe thats why it took him so many YEARS to get out of the TOS enterprise, because it took so dang long to get the required Dilithium to get his next teir ship!!! LOL

Think about Picard, how many years did it take him to get a new ship?!? Perhaps all his mission rewards at the end of every show wasn't a vauable lesson about tolerance, the human condition, or the benefits of a communist federation reigime... perhaps it was Dilithium!!!

The worst part is... he FINALLY gets his admiral rank ship... and Troi crashes it. Dam... that just sux.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Federation captains purchasing ships in StarTrek offends me. The name should be changed to United Corporation of Planets if that is going to be the case. Collect dilithium to show the shareholders you are providing for the company, and justify why they should spend company money to give you a nicer ship.

Dilithium as a trade-able commodity aggravates me, and I'm amazed that CBS bought off on the idea. Gene Roddenberry must be turning in his grave.

A merit system is more appropriate for obtaining ships, and should be completely divested from any type of economy... I don't care if Cryptic is trying to find a way to make money. The only reason this game is still even an option is because of adherence to lore and appeasement of diehards like myself.

I didn't invest in a lifetime subscription to play a game resembling StarTrek. I've been a lifetime member since launch, and if I had been paying monthly, I recently would have spent an equitable amount of money compared to my lifetime price. So, now I've made my money back, and every month from here on out is free for me. Good thing too, because the StarTrek that has been so strong in beginnings of this game, has been bleeding away over the last year and half.

The ground game play still has bugs from launch day, the UI is not user friendly, the flow of the game is disjointed, and the priorities for development are only recently addressing these issues...

There isn't a single thing anyone can say that will make me happy about what happened with this game. Call me a troll all you want, but I am not wrong. This game could have been so much more. I'm sure I'll be back one day to see if the game is up to par. Till then, good luck. Hope the F2P works out.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
While I agree with the -SENTIMENT- behind your post... there is really nothing in the shows to suggest that Captain Kirk didn't spend all his free time racking up Dilithium! Maybe thats why it took him so many YEARS to get out of the TOS enterprise, because it took so dang long to get the required Dilithium to get his next teir ship!!! LOL

Think about Picard, how many years did it take him to get a new ship?!? Perhaps all his mission rewards at the end of every show wasn't a vauable lesson about tolerance, the human condition, or the benefits of a communist federation reigime... perhaps it was Dilithium!!!

The worst part is... he FINALLY gets his admiral rank ship... and Troi crashes it. Dam... that just sux.
and that's why riker never took a command. He never had enough dilithium to afford any good ships. lol
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp_drive View Post
Federation captains purchasing ships in StarTrek offends me. The name should be changed to United Corporation of Planets if that is going to be the case. Collect dilithium to show the shareholders you are providing for the company, and justify why they should spend company money to give you a nicer ship.

Dilithium as a trade-able commodity aggravates me, and I'm amazed that CBS bought off on the idea. Gene Roddenberry must be turning in his grave.

A merit system is more appropriate for obtaining ships, and should be completely divested from any type of economy... I don't care if Cryptic is trying to find a way to make money. The only reason this game is still even an option is because of adherence to lore and appeasement of diehards like myself.

I didn't invest in a lifetime subscription to play a game resembling StarTrek. I've been a lifetime member since launch, and if I had been paying monthly, I recently would have spent an equitable amount of money compared to my lifetime price. So, now I've made my money back, and every month from here on out is free for me. Good thing too, because the StarTrek that has been so strong in beginnings of this game, has been bleeding away over the last year and half.

The ground game play still has bugs from launch day, the UI is not user friendly, the flow of the game is disjointed, and the priorities for development are only recently addressing these issues...

There isn't a single thing anyone can say that will make me happy about what happened with this game. Call me a troll all you want, but I am not wrong. This game could have been so much more. I'm sure I'll be back one day to see if the game is up to par. Till then, good luck. Hope the F2P works out.
I seriously doubt that CBS has to OK the in's and outs of the game mechanics like the economy. They probably let Cryptic do that on their own. I can see them controlling ships, and story, but basic game mechanics? nope.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp_drive View Post
Federation captains purchasing ships in StarTrek offends me.
I think you are offended a little too easily.

I don't like this decision, but I reserve offense for things that are...well...offensive. You know, things that actually matter and aren't about video games.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
stay on topic here guys, this is about lack of dilithium to get new ships at rank up.

Lets just focus one that, so maybe they will fix it some time soon
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I think you all forget. We'll have perks in game. We are playing as Silver accounts right now. I pay my 15 bucks for a reason. These silver guys shouldn't get the perks we do. I personally will suffer through this just to make sure the silver players DON'T get all the perks we do. That would be even more unfair.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardic_klze View Post
I think you all forget. We'll have perks in game. We are playing as Silver accounts right now. I pay my 15 bucks for a reason. These silver guys shouldn't get the perks we do. I personally will suffer through this just to make sure the silver players DON'T get all the perks we do. That would be even more unfair.
We're currently playing as Gold, they were going to make us Silver on Tribble but changed their minds. There's a post from a Dev about it around here somewhere.