Lt. Commander
# 41
10-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Even though he isn't present, Stormshade would like to remind you that this attitude isn't in the "Trek" spirit of diplomacy and cooperation. Furthermore, by being angry at what the free players get, and not being thankful for the things you DO get only seperates the overall community further. Stormshade might also suggest that when F2P launches, that you extend the hand of friendship and do your best to make the Silver members feel welcome and allow them to benefit from your VAST wealth of knowledge and experience.

A little 'hippie-esque' I realize, but he's right you know. Why **** and moan about the things they get. It's been made abundantly clear that silver member benefits won't EVER exceed or be equal to those that we gold members get. It's not like the silver members will be quarantined, while the golds get to roam free, so that kind of thinking should be discouraged.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
A little 'hippie-esque' I realize, but he's right you know.
Drop the granola and step away from the drum circle. He isn't right about anything, yet.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
wow, you guys seriously don't get BETA do you?

PATIENCE BOYS AND GILS!

This is just the first shot.. We should see a build update during this week with some more econ stuff added so we can start earning some Dilithium. Sheesh, server has been up not even 5 days and its gripe city when you should have known up front that this was a beta not ready for prime time by any stretch of the imagination version of STO F2P.

Look at it this way.. Your getting a free 10 course dinner.. You've had one glass of wine, some cheese and fruit, and some appitizers. Soup and Salad come next.. relax, the stuff is on its way, Yes some internal QA folk are running around at VA with the good ships. But they're testing specific stuff ahead of where we the vicious knee biters get to it.

The rest of the econ system is coming and an initial shoyt at it should be coming up as I said in the next patch. It still wont be complete but they'll be several passes through on the econ to make sure progression happens as envisioned.

When you read release notes on a Beta, please read ALL of it, not just the parts that interest you.

Right now the primary feature they want checked over is the DOFF system. In about 3-5 weeks I predict they'll do a database wipe and then we'll be looking at more of a ready for prime time release. But this is not Holodeck. Its a Beta.. try very much to rememebr that, share a little tribal knowledge with each other.
All of you should be sufficiently good nuff players that you could upgun a miranda and cly it all the way to to, and possibly through Coomander rank and not actually by a new ship till capatin rank, and then make do with a T3 ship so you have sufficient dilithium to get a T-5 ship when you get to Rear Admiral (level 41)

I've allready started a second toon, with my first toon doing crafting so I can get some solid gear for the second toon. SUre its NOT as good as some of the gear, but it'll do. The whole point is to get to VA with the best gear you can arrange when you get there, then do STF etc to get even better gear.

Changes are going to be coming hot and heavy soon nuff. This what your playing is JUST the core.

*sigh* I'm waiting on the KDF stuff myself. And KDF still doesn't have the mission count to progress like the Feddy side is able to right now.

Personally I think yer all griping just to gripe.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned here but from what the Devs have said, the dilithium shortfall is on purpose. We're suppose to get the remaining amount on our own. But most of the dilithium rewards haven't been added to tribble yet so we just need to sit back and wait.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Regarding Dilithium, i havent earned any. I thought you were suppose to receive it from doing exploration missions? has that not been implemented yet? or am i just missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-03-2011, 06:17 PM
This whole mess just shows how short sighted someone in charge of the dlilithium model is / was

The point of leveling up to the various ranks is to be able to have enough tools to play against the NPCs, the ships themselves count as tools. You get a 'free ship' at each rank, this way you are not out gunned or out equipped when facing challenging obstetrical. Adding another grind on top of everything else is just pointless
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah, the dilithium economy is obviously not fully implemented yet.
But part of the beta right now is to test exactly that. Well, done and done, and it gets a fail, so far.
So, dear devs, how about it? Work needs to be done, chop chop! *cracks whip*
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I assume its a mistake in the game where they only give 80k when you need 100k for the Commander level ship. Just in case its not my opinion is give enough, allow missions to give dilithium too, allow purchase with energy credits or go back to ship tokens. Here is to hoping this was just a plain mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeneth View Post
I assume its a mistake in the game where they only give 80k when you need 100k for the Commander level ship. Just in case its not my opinion is give enough, allow missions to give dilithium too, allow purchase with energy credits or go back to ship tokens. Here is to hoping this was just a plain mistake.
Not a mistake. They've explained (ad nauseum) that not all (IE hardly ANY) of the methods to receive dilithium are in this build yet (and probably won't be until Thursday or Friday). Pretty much all the repeatables are supposed to offer dilithium, including the Star Cluster Explores and PvP, and anything that used to give out badges or emblems or marks.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
The thing is, though, it should have been ready now. At the very least, they should have made sure that one got the amount of dilithium they needed to procure a new ship upon promotion. As it stands, you only get 80,000 units going from LtCdr10 to Cdr1, and a new T3 ship costs 100,000 units; you are short a full 20,000 units. This is a huge oversight on the part of the devs. Especially considering that the new Dilithium economy is apparently one of the things we're supposed to be testing right now. It strikes me that it might have been better off if we just kept receiving free ship tokens upon promotion, to at least ensure we get our new ship whenever we get promoted, instead of having to wade through a system that as of late, isn't even functioning properly.
That's how I feel too. It shouldn't be that hard to change an 8 to a 10 or a 10 to an 8. Something smells of fish, and I don't think it's me.