Lt. Commander
# 51
10-04-2011, 11:18 AM
It'd be nice if, whenever the devs get around to adding the dilithium rewards to the majority of missions that are supposed to have them, us play testers were awarded a modest dilithium windfall, to help make up for the fact that we'd been short-changed on how much we're supposed to have earned by now.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I recommend Crazy Ivan's Ship emporium! Get rid of the Discharge option and instead sell off you slightly used vessel at 30 percent of the cost and buy a used one for 70 percent. C-Store and reward vessel like the Connie are not included.

...a Used StarShip yard...Who says you deserve a Brand New Ship, nope you have just enough to buy that slightly used Excalibur at the back, thats right only 20,000 Light years on it... now it may have be a point or two slower at Warp...and i really wouldnt want to take it back into the Crab nebula after the last unfortunate accident... but yes sir that will get you to Commander yup.

Just sign this waiver and off you go....

But Seriously a slight flaw system that can be fixed by DoFF's missions for a used ship for say 2/3s the cost.

that allows you to sell off your old ship instead of discharge it. It might even be neat to save stats on it like it took part in 200 PvP missions or made the Starbase 24 mission in 10 mintues....

just a thought.

FyreMouse
# 53
10-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Are we getting retroactive dilithium? They've done this with accolades before.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Has anyone tried to sell their old ships. Apprently you are supposed to get dilithium from them.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Has anyone tried to sell their old ships. Apprently you are supposed to get dilithium from them.
No, I haven't, and didn't know you could. I still see only the "discharge" option for the ship. It would be nice if you can get dilithium for it. As for the lack of it now, since this is strictly a beta, stuff isn't worked out yet. So I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure once the game goes F2P live it will work the way it is supposed to. Plus I doubt cryptic is going to alienate long time players and gold subscribers by making them buy ships(other than the special ones) from the C-store. It would make no sense, and even if they did make you buy them from the c-store, you get the 400 c point stipend anyway. However, back to my original point, this is all beta, stuff will be broken or unfinished. It isn't time to panic. If it is still this way on Holodeck, then panic.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
It'd be nice if, whenever the devs get around to adding the dilithium rewards to the majority of missions that are supposed to have them, us play testers were awarded a modest dilithium windfall, to help make up for the fact that we'd been short-changed on how much we're supposed to have earned by now.
Why would they award you retroactive dilithium? This is a beta test. The character probably won't transfer over anyway and most likely will be wiped out. Seems pointless to give anything retroactive on a test server. Plus they are already going to give you Holodeck rewards for testing.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG62
No, I haven't, and didn't know you could. I still see only the "discharge" option for the ship. It would be nice if you can get dilithium for it. As for the lack of it now, since this is strictly a beta, stuff isn't worked out yet. So I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure once the game goes F2P live it will work the way it is supposed to. Plus I doubt cryptic is going to alienate long time players and gold subscribers by making them buy ships(other than the special ones) from the C-store. It would make no sense, and even if they did make you buy them from the c-store, you get the 400 c point stipend anyway. However, back to my original point, this is all beta, stuff will be broken or unfinished. It isn't time to panic. If it is still this way on Holodeck, then panic.
By sell, I meant Discharge. One of the Devs said in the latest STOked epsiode that you could. However this is a Beta so people, please quit screaming. They have already stated that the next step in the dilithium system would be up Thursday or Friday. (Although I would have prefered major updates come on tuesdays. "It will be installed on Tuesday.")
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMouse
I recommend Crazy Ivan's Ship emporium! Get rid of the Discharge option and instead sell off you slightly used vessel at 30 percent of the cost and buy a used one for 70 percent. C-Store and reward vessel like the Connie are not included.

...a Used StarShip yard...Who says you deserve a Brand New Ship, nope you have just enough to buy that slightly used Excalibur at the back, thats right only 20,000 Light years on it... now it may have be a point or two slower at Warp...and i really wouldnt want to take it back into the Crab nebula after the last unfortunate accident... but yes sir that will get you to Commander yup.

Just sign this waiver and off you go....

But Seriously a slight flaw system that can be fixed by DoFF's missions for a used ship for say 2/3s the cost.

that allows you to sell off your old ship instead of discharge it. It might even be neat to save stats on it like it took part in 200 PvP missions or made the Starbase 24 mission in 10 mintues....

just a thought.

FyreMouse
# 59
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Just tried that, no dice (no dilithium either!)

EDIT: Also no Dilithium with a RAUH promotion. Looks like i'll be stuck in my captain ship for the remainder of the test...
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Agreed, I was in full swing and super excited when I finally hit commander 1... I seriously dropped the exploration mission I was doing and transwarped home to level up.

I talked to admiral Quinn, and RAN to the shipyard...

If there were a stronger word for EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT, I would use it.

I shut down the game, and came to drown my sorrows in here. LOL Gawd that suxxors so HARD!! Who wants to spend half of your commander level (Or ANY level for that matter) grinding out Dilithium for a ship you SHOULD have gotten in the beginning of your level!?!

When you level in any RPG, you don't go back to town and have the lvl trainer guy tell you "Nope, sorry... your going to have to WAIT on the extra HP and spells. We want you to go out and collect 20000 super rediculously rare gems FIRST...".

Is my frustration valid? Am I wrong to be miffed and COMPLETELY turned off by this?
I believe your post hits the nail on the head, I fear STO is in the process of being utterly destroyed.