Lt. Commander
# 1 Disable / Enable Astrometrics
10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
If you Disable Astrometrics then zone, Astrometrics (on screen effects) gets reset when you get loaded into new zone, but the Enable / Disable button doesn't reset (the button says "Enable Astrometrics" when you load) and you have to click the Enable/Disable toggle twice to Disable Astrometrics once again.

1. hit [Disable Astrometrics] . . . on-screen Astrometrics OFF ... toggle button says "Enable Astrometrics"

2. zone

3. load . . . on-screen Astrometrics switch ON ... toggle button says "Enable Astrometrics" (even though they ARE Enabled)

4. hit [Enable Astrometrics] . . . on-screen Astrometrics remain ON ... toggle button says "Disable Astrometrics"

5. hit [Disalbe Astrometrics] . . . on-screen Astrometrics OFF ... toggle button says "Enable Astrometrics" <--- how you should have been set when you loaded

EDIT: I relogged and it doesn't appear to be happening anymore.
EDIT: Zoned from Sirius Sector to Alpha Centauri . . . Astrometric effects switched themself back on after zoning.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-03-2011, 01:58 AM
I wounder if you have and statistics on how many people have Astrometrics turned ON as I for one turn it off for a better view, as to me there is no point in having it ON that grid is horrendous. I would rather have it in the options dialog and not as a large button in the HUD. Toggled OFF.