Lt. Commander
# 1 With Each Patch...
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
...the game on TRIBBLE is becoming More Difficult to Even Play, due to BUGS...

AND a lot less FUN due to the Complete Monetization of just about Everything.

And it seems that many folks Frustration Levels are rising also (including my own).

I understand They want to make up for the perceived loss of funds due to going to F2P, but IMPO the scales have tipped WAAAYYY too far against the FUN FACTOR of the game.

If many of Us who have been playing for the last 20 months or so see this...,

How the Hell are the F2P'ers gonna feel after about a week or so???

To me anyway, this does not seem to bode well for the future of the game.

I'm not trying to be a DOOM-Sayer here, but soooo many things just feel wrong about this...

I keep playing on Tribble in hopes that things will improve, but each week....
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2011, 10:27 AM
And this encourages me to go back and enjoy LoTRO which I have neglected for so long. Pretty sure that all this monetization does is encourage people to become LESS engrossed in a game and hence LESS LIKELY to spend money on it.

It is a fine balance and will likely be one which is fine tuned with judicious uses of featured sales every now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
And this encourages me to go back and enjoy LoTRO which I have neglected for so long. Pretty sure that all this monetization does is encourage people to become LESS engrossed in a game and hence LESS LIKELY to spend money on it.

It is a fine balance and will likely be one which is fine tuned with judicious uses of featured sales every now and then.
I'm even attempting to play EVE...

Just cause it gives me something NEW to Do that doesn't constantly require me to go to Their Store at the lower levels.

And believe me, I'm having a terrible time just trying to get the basics of that game.

The only reason I'm still trying, is because some really nice Anonymous Person gave my Toon a Million IKS donation and I would feel disappointed in myself if I quit without giving it my best shot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
if you like grinds then feel free to continue playing EVE, with EVE the grind is time, unless you play as a career, than don't expect any progress in the game. its a fun concept, but they made it way too unfriendly for players.

also if you actually do your homework on the game, the team developing it actually openly insult their customers and I'm not saying they did something to the game that they didn't like. no they went on their own website and called them names and childishly attacked their customers for loss in revenue. they said "we were all a bunch of winy babies" and that in itself just made me quit before even playing pasty the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2011, 11:16 AM
When F2Pers start playing, they will think this is the norm, while some old STO players that are returning might notice some differences enough to play once in a while.

But us Veterans, we are just burnt out having to find stuff to do. Unfortunately, I think Tribble has spoiled us in testing it for a month that we want more new content while others would be happy with what we got at least for 3 months.

Be nice if those thoat tested almost every day on Tribble get a little thank you, while those who just tested for the rewards get what they wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsquad_ace View Post
if you like grinds then feel free to continue playing EVE, with EVE the grind is time, unless you play as a career, than don't expect any progress in the game. its a fun concept, but they made it way too unfriendly for players.

also if you actually do your homework on the game, the team developing it actually openly insult their customers and I'm not saying they did something to the game that they didn't like. no they went on their own website and called them names and childishly attacked their customers for loss in revenue. they said "we were all a bunch of winy babies" and that in itself just made me quit before even playing pasty the tutorial.
It is quite complicated...
And I am well aware of the apparent disdain They have for Their player-base, having read several articles around the Internetz about it.

I find it just interesting enough to hold my attention for now...

...though I'm probably not going to last beyond the 14 day free-trial period, as I don't really have the money to spend on another game.

I want to try TOR also, but I'll have to wait for the box price to drop considerably first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
When F2Pers start playing, they will think this is the norm, while some old STO players that are returning might notice some differences enough to play once in a while.

But us Veterans, we are just burnt out having to find stuff to do. Unfortunately, I think Tribble has spoiled us in testing it for a month that we want more new content while others would be happy with what we got at least for 3 months.

Be nice if those that tested almost every day on Tribble get a little thank you, while those who just tested for the rewards get what they wanted.
I'm not burnt out yet (least I don't think so), I still enjoy playing this game, it's just that the Holodeck is not as interesting as Tribble at the moment...

But, as I said, Tribble is becoming so populated with BUGS that it's increasingly difficult to get very far with ones progress without having to resort to dropping out of and rebooting the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm going to make a sad prediction that the game will be more broken than all the other season launches combined in this F2P/P2W/C-Store Season.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia

You are so wrong. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about, not done your homework. Its not hard homework either, just look at the other F2P games out there.

Where do people get these idea from it cracks me up. "LESS engrossed", have you seen what an F2P player will get, they get enough to call it a "game" and they get enough to see what they could get more of if they pay up a little.

Like you are now.

Only difference is people get a chance to try it first and that works well always works well you will see.

As for bugs, come on your talking about a test shard weeks away from goign to the main shard.

Nothing but praise from me. Been here since beta day 1 and the current approach plus F2P model is perfect. Going to love Jan 2012. I can confirm that I will play swtor but sto is pulling me back so I will be splitting my time and money.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh and I just levelled a new toon too Commander 3 without finding a single bug that stopped progression.

Not found an issue with the doff system.

Sure there are things not complete yet. That is what you expect when testing a beta. Trying the things that are not complete yet will obviously cause problems.

They are not bugs. So I would like you all to state a "bugs" that are so serious the game is doomed lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-21-2011, 03:44 PM
dangitdabnabitgoshdarnedpoopiepooppoop

I was all set to DOff. maybe its a bug swipe and Ground skills patch thingy.