# 11
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I'd buy a doff system app.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beersapper View Post

I mean 3 days to give a lecture? A LECTURE?!? Re-word it.

well given that "realistically" our starships aren't always going to be hanging around Sol system, and i'm pretty sure shuttles don't move at warp 9, 3days does seem right, travel time to where ever then the event then travel back, but then i'm just splitting hairs here and if you go and look back at some of the epidsodes having an away mission that took 3 or 4 days wasn't that uncommon, which is what i think the whole DOFF system is supposed to represent,
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-03-2011, 06:36 PM
/bumpit must have app
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Bump. absolutely must have
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I'd settle for a robust web interface to the DOff system. One that'll look good on mobile devices as well as regular browsers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Tried to bring that up around the same time as you, with a few differences, like the ability to travel from sector to sector in real time to change it up a bit. Also limit the app to gold to increase sub numbers

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=233866
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Had a weird thought over breakfast: the DOff system would make a pretty decent phone and/or web app. It doesn't take a lot of processing power and its the short of fiddly thing some of the micromanaging gamers I know would enjoy fiddling with in their spare moments. All you would need to do, and this is new tech I know, is to build a web interface for it.
Not so weird - it has been mentioned already - I'd be down for this , but it's the least of my requests with the horrible game changes being suggested in the meantime. i.e. removing Ship Tokens upon reaching new rank.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2011, 07:16 AM
I'd buy that for a dollar.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Login

Select sector block, character will be in that block when you play the game as a result.

App takes you to that sector block with some travelling, shown with a timer. This is to avoid it being used for quick jumping around in the game.

List of assignments appear. Maybe even just 3 at a time, 3 that can be done that is. It could filter out and not display any that can't be done because it would be annoying.

It is time for them to consider web based access for various parts of the game. We need a big vote to show support for a general overall web based development to begin especially an API that allows web dev like myself to create stuff.

With help I made a scraper that put captain profiles on a blog and captain logs. I made special commands that when entered into the log it triggered different things to happen on my blog i.e. post the log to Wordpress database or to phpBB database. I still have that scraper. It is a lot of fun, just not sure how it would go down with Cryptic so I never released it to the Wordpress community.

Yet!