Lt. Commander
# 11
10-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I find it ridiculous that the free ship token is gone. The only thing achieved here is that I stop play testing after commander 1.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo94
HOPE they tell when they are going to fix this crap. Because until they do me and I bet a lot of people are out of tribble. I will test stuff for them but Im not grinding to test for them. A new ship should come at every promotion, to have to use a lower tier ship in the next lvl to save for the next tier ship is stupid.
Even on live when free to play comes a free ship should come with rank up as it always has for nearly 2 years.

To change that now is just a slap in the face to the people who have been playing and paying to play this game all this time.

You should NEVER have to grind for a new ship at rank up.

It is completely wrong in terms of Starfleet Operations after all..You are given command of a ship by the Admiralty.Picard did not buy the Enterprise after he was promoted from being the Stargazers first officer.He was promoted and given command of that ship.Lets keep it that way in game shall we..

Now if you want a second ship that is available at that rank then by all means have it be needed to grind out the dilithium.

Example you rank to Commander and you are an engineer concentrating on cruisers.I want the Heavy Cruiser as my ship when I rank.So I am given what is needed to get that ship right off the bat.Now later on I decide I want to try out say the Advanced Heavy Cruiser Excelsior.Then by all means make me have to grind out what is needed to get that ship as it is an extra not needed to progress through the game.

But your first ship at each rank should be a given as it always has been.

Do not let Perfect World turn this game into a grind or pay to progress game as all their others are.
This game has been fun because you do not have to grind anything if you do not want to.It is one of the few MMO's that is like that.You can progress from start to max level without needing to grind anything (Klingons being the exception).
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
The forums are a tool, use them wisely. That aside, there is a mission on the academy that gives 16 million dilithium as a reward, its been mentioned on the forums quite a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
The forums are a tool, use them wisely. That aside, there is a mission on the academy that gives 16 million dilithium as a reward, its been mentioned on the forums quite a bit.
mondo80, Could you be more specific about that academy mission? This is the first that I've heard about it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Guys... here's a thought:

Perhaps this is sort of meant to be taken as a paradign shift in how the Ship Tiers works. As it becomes harder to get to the next tier, we start making more of the ships we already have. Personally, I don't mind having to stick around in my Nova a bit longer, and hell, I probably could have stayed in Miranda for longer, too.

And as said, alot of missions aren't in for us to get Dilithium yet, this is still beta, alot can still change.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
The problem is that without word from the developers it's difficult for us to test anything and provide meaningful feedback. If the gap is intended, which I suspect, and we're supposed to be making that up along the way with exploration missions and whatnot, we can't tell them right now if the gap is too big or to small, or rate the rewards of the missions at all.

With mission XP boosted so much, I'm flying past tiers that should probably be tested but there's a time limit if I want to get the rewards for hitting VA so I'm doing something that doesn't really need to be tested at all: Leveling through T3 and T4 content with a T2 ship. How many folks do you think are going to go back and level a second toon on Tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmh1865 View Post
The problem is that without word from the developers it's difficult for us to test anything and provide meaningful feedback. If the gap is intended, which I suspect, and we're supposed to be making that up along the way with exploration missions and whatnot, we can't tell them right now if the gap is too big or to small, or rate the rewards of the missions at all.

With mission XP boosted so much, I'm flying past tiers that should probably be tested but there's a time limit if I want to get the rewards for hitting VA so I'm doing something that doesn't really need to be tested at all: Leveling through T3 and T4 content with a T2 ship. How many folks do you think are going to go back and level a second toon on Tribble?
Once everything's all in? Sure.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Well, if you do, credit for putting in the effort, however I think you're in the minority. When character transfers open from Holodeck, I expect the lowbie areas will be a ghost town and everyone will be trying out the new STFs and a lot of these issues will go without proper large-scale testing.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
there is only one mission at starfleet academy that I've seen, and it only give about 400.

So please enlighten us
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I have to admit, I'm a bit iffy over the whole "buy your new ship" paradigm the devs are looking into. Even with the promise of regular missions and such granting more dilitium than we're getting during this (early) test phase, it still feels too much like the Ferengi bought out the shipyards at Utopia Planetia.

I've heard this idea bandied about, and I think I'll take the opportunity to voice it again: this is an excellent avenue to help distinguish and give incentive towards Gold accounts.

Silver: we'll need a down payment, Lieutenant.
Gold: Welcome aboard, Captain.

We'll see how things look as we're deeper into testing.