Lt. Commander
# 1 Episode Loot Scale Adjustment?
10-04-2011, 06:26 PM
With the changes to the episode system a lot of the early Klingon Front missions have been elevated a tier. I am at LTC 8 and am just starting Kuvah'megh and the loot is still Mk2... The Feature Episodes that has been forced into the line up still gives scaling rewards. I was wondering if the same was going to be done for the other missions as well...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Yes, I also noticed this... Actually, all the episodes should have level-matching loot now IMO. That would make the most sense.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I've been worried about that for a while. I really hope they correct this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Won't happen. That would yield Mk VI Efficient Engines for Past Imperfect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
They nerved it so bad, its almost useless, so the can do it easy now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
Yes, I also noticed this... Actually, all the episodes should have level-matching loot now IMO. That would make the most sense.
Especially since the missions themselves scale now.

Kind of stupid if you run a low level mission as an Admiral, get an Admiral level challenge, yet receive a Mk. II Common Phaser as a reward that's barely worth vendoring at that point. Not only is this dumb, but it severely reduces the worth of the episode replay function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Lock unique rewards one level. Or just hand wave it since the Efficient Engines have had a balance pass anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
Agreed, not doing this with the changes that have been made makes no sense and additionally ruins the mission replay system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Either the loot needs to be made to scale with level, or it needs to be replaced with the 'random appropriate level equipment' crate that some missions use.

As a mark III item from a mission when the NPCs/enemies in the mission are dropping Mark V or mark VI loot is just insulting. And this gets even worse with Replay.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-05-2011, 12:56 AM
definatly should scale.

if the mission scale, so should everything connected to the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
definatly should scale.

if the mission scale, so should everything connected to the mission.
Yeah, it was fine when everything was static. If you're blowing up people 49 levels below you who are dropping Mk. II Gear then, yeah, you should get Mk. II Gear as a reward. If you're level 50 and they're level 50 too, and they're dropping Mk.X Gear... then Jeez, the reward for completion should be on that same plane.