Lt. Commander
# 61
10-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
I expect a Steve Jobs level of Amazingly Great here.
You might want to pick another person to measure the greatness against. According to the Vegas odds, its doubtful Steve Jobs will live till December.

There is a pic of him on TMZ from last month coming out of a hospital. Not looking good for the poor guy.
Lt. Commander
# 62
10-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
There were only 3 Foundry missions on Tribble to begin with.....how were people exploiting that? Sheeesh....
Public missions, perhaps, but you've forgotten about ones that need to be reviewed first. There were around 10 or so of those last time I looked.
Lt. Commander
# 63 Maybe...
10-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
you're setting yourself up for disappointment by having high standards. IMO, being more open-minded, being patient (yeah, hard to do right now), and just helping them make the game better would do more than just complaining

plus, it's been shown time and time again that they're working their butts off for this game (though the focus of where that work goes varies)

just my 2 cents
Maybe in the state of California, mediocre work is acceptable. Maybe in California, expecting a product to work correctly is consider "high standards". In Florida, we consider a product working 100 percent as the norm. 99 percent is not good enough here.

I do not know how much more open minded one can be, we the paying customer paid these folks to deliver a high quality product. After 10+ months of propaganda because they decide to lie to the paying customer and state publically they weren't going to a F2P system, while they intended to work on the F2P system all along. Then when it publically blew up in their face, fail to deliver said product in July, August, September, October.

Then they publically state they do not intend to deliver until December 2011. So far their estimations have consistently been on the under-estimated side.

When you spend money on a new car, if it only worked properly 60 percent of the time and was constantly plagued with more problems after they claim to fix it, would you be open-minded. No, you would buy a new car from people who know how to build a car.

I do not think my standards are set to high to expect the game to work properly. It is not like they are performing surgery, or building a highway system. They are working on a video game. The animation and art department is top notch. The programmers and developers involved in some of the Star Trek content are not getting the job done.

These folks need to realize when they are impeding the ability for the real stars in the company to work. If they are working there buts off and the work is still mediocre, then that tells you the staff does not possess the technical ability to work on this game.

That is the difference between a professional and a amateur. A professional rises to the challenge and delivers. When they cash their checks at the end of the week and the game still is not working right, they should feel some guilt that they have not done their job.

Many people working here have claimed they "love Star Trek' and that "this is their dream job."

However, the work is a nightmare for the player who has lived through all of this over the past 21+ months.

If they claim to love the job, then put some pride in your work and make the game 100 percent. Also, don't blame the player because the program does not function properly.

Thank you

PS...I am actually quite calm and cool. I was watching baseball and football most of tonight. However, I love Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 64
10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyto View Post
I'd wager it's whatever enabled the few level 45+'s I saw flying around the first night of the test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Mongoose
I agree ran into one and they wouldn't say what they did to get to that level. I wondered if this how they did it.

You know I really am tryng to get to 51 honestly , but really rubs me wrong when people scam the system to get ahead.
I heard there were about ~20 people hand picked by Gozer to test the STF's and they got boosted to ~45 on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 65 I feel you...
10-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran_Tatsuuchi View Post
I heard there were about ~20 people hand picked by Gozer to test the STF's and they got boosted to ~45 on tribble.
I logged into Tribble Saturday morning and there was a guy sitting next to me with a VA1 Intrepid with green and Borgs items hanging off of it. I was like "how the hell did you level so fast. I think the patch at that time had been out like 20 hours.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 66
10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
You might want to pick another person to measure the greatness against. According to the Vegas odds, its doubtful Steve Jobs will live till December.

There is a pic of him on TMZ from last month coming out of a hospital. Not looking good for the poor guy.
LOL @ TMZ.

Because they're a credible 'journalistic' outlet, right?
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer42 View Post
I ask this with all due respect, but then what's the point? The economy, as it is now, doesn't work. And, since you changed ship acquisition to go with the new economy, neither does it. We have, in essence, 20 levels of content, most of which isn't new. We're experimenting with the new UI, but the new UI is meaningless with bugged mission difficulties exacerbated by lack of appropriate tier ships. Beta's are for masochists, that's true, but in this instance we are incapable of properly fulfilling the goals for the Beta you have outlined for us. In essence, we can't do what you want us to do. Worse, we're actively hampered in this by the XP boost implemented in the current build.

I'm not trying to be down on you guys. I know you're working hard, but you're only making things worse and alienating the testers and community by releasing partial builds and asking us to test things you haven't implemented. It's like sticking someone in an Automatic car and then asking them if the clutch pedal is too stiff. No. It isn't. It just isn't there, man.
I compleatly agree with you, they asked us to test something that was missing the basic to the game so how can we properly test it, also when they add new codes how do they know it hasnt messed something up we dontested, exspecialy the dilithium which touches allmost every aspect of the game, also we are runing into the same old bug that have been here a very long time and one i know of that been aread sence season 2, i realy hope they get it all fixed right the the sake of the game, but so far there heading down a rocky path, all we can do is hope for the best.
Lt. Commander
# 68
10-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Expect larger fixes on Thursdays and Fridays, minor fixes on Tuesdays.
Minor fixes on Tuesdays... like tractor beams, those can wait.
Lt. Commander
# 69
10-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Expect larger fixes on Thursdays and Fridays, minor fixes on Tuesdays.

We have several dilithium updates, along with other welcome changes, in a build that is currently in QA.

See you one Thursday or Friday then, I can't bring myself to play on test as it is currently. Dilithium and Quest issues among other things.

Looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 70
10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
And you shall have them! Thursday or Friday.
At least it's not Tuesday, when the Nexus is scheduled to destroy refugee ships... :p