Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
10-04-2011, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iborg316 View Post
Well lets see where to start its a TEST SERVER its going to have bugs that is what we are here to report if I were a dev when people started making a big deal i would wait until right before it went live to fix it just because you got your panties in a bunch. Leveling is super easy on Tribble if you cant run a LC ship up to Captain on this server then wow you must suck. This is for feedback this is not the smash the Devs forum or the complaint department. So stop crying and test the server they know about the dilithium issue so everyone just needs to wait until its fixed and stop complaining. Act like an Adult and play the game.Thats all I have to say about it.
"Complaints" are a form of "Feedback".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/complaint


1. An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
2. A cause or reason for complaining; a grievance.
3.
a. A bodily disorder or disease; a malady or ailment.
b. The symptom or distress about which a patient seeks medical assistance.
4. Law
a. The presentation by the plaintiff in a civil action, setting forth the claim on which relief is sought.
b. A formal charge, made under oath, of the commission of a crime or other such offense.

If you are dissatisfied with something on the Tribble server the Devs WANT to know about it. The number of people complaining is important, because it shows how wide spread an issue is.

The way I see it, it's a good thing you AREN'T a dev, because if you did things the way you say you would, then you wouldn't be doing your job right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
10-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
you get 70k dilithium at lt commander, enough to buy a tier 2 ship (hang on thou...)

you get 80k dilithium at commander, BUT a tier 3 ship costs 100K.

and since there is no way to get 20K dilithium at present, most ppl are skipping the tier 2 upgrade or the tier 3 upgrade and then buying a later-tier ship with their savings.

Hope that cleared it up.
You could run the traeleus repair mission 50 times....
that will give you your dilithium..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
10-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
"Complaints" are a form of "Feedback".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/complaint


1. An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
2. A cause or reason for complaining; a grievance.
3.
a. A bodily disorder or disease; a malady or ailment.
b. The symptom or distress about which a patient seeks medical assistance.
4. Law
a. The presentation by the plaintiff in a civil action, setting forth the claim on which relief is sought.
b. A formal charge, made under oath, of the commission of a crime or other such offense.

If you are dissatisfied with something on the Tribble server the Devs WANT to know about it. The number of people complaining is important, because it shows how wide spread an issue is.

The way I see it, it's a good thing you AREN'T a dev, because if you did things the way you say you would, then you wouldn't be doing your job right.
Yes agreed but complaining after being told we know about and a fix is coming is stupid. That just serves to get on peoples nerves. I know the saying a squeaky wheel gets the oil but some times the squeaky wheel gets take and sold. So it is not always the best idea to complain to the point of annoyance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
10-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Maybe in the state of California, mediocre work is acceptable. Maybe in California, expecting a product to work correctly is consider "high standards". In Florida, we consider a product working 100 percent as the norm. 99 percent is not good enough here.

I do not know how much more open minded one can be, we the paying customer paid these folks to deliver a high quality product. After 10+ months of propaganda because they decide to lie to the paying customer and state publically they weren't going to a F2P system, while they intended to work on the F2P system all along. Then when it publically blew up in their face, fail to deliver said product in July, August, September, October.

Then they publically state they do not intend to deliver until December 2011. So far their estimations have consistently been on the under-estimated side.

When you spend money on a new car, if it only worked properly 60 percent of the time and was constantly plagued with more problems after they claim to fix it, would you be open-minded. No, you would buy a new car from people who know how to build a car.

I do not think my standards are set to high to expect the game to work properly. It is not like they are performing surgery, or building a highway system. They are working on a video game. The animation and art department is top notch. The programmers and developers involved in some of the Star Trek content are not getting the job done.

These folks need to realize when they are impeding the ability for the real stars in the company to work. If they are working there buts off and the work is still mediocre, then that tells you the staff does not possess the technical ability to work on this game.

That is the difference between a professional and a amateur. A professional rises to the challenge and delivers. When they cash their checks at the end of the week and the game still is not working right, they should feel some guilt that they have not done their job.

Many people working here have claimed they "love Star Trek' and that "this is their dream job."

However, the work is a nightmare for the player who has lived through all of this over the past 21+ months.

If they claim to love the job, then put some pride in your work and make the game 100 percent. Also, don't blame the player because the program does not function properly.

Thank you

PS...I am actually quite calm and cool. I was watching baseball and football most of tonight. However, I love Star Trek.
um, I live in Michigan...
but anyway, I hate to disappoint you, but the vast majority of people (including me) don't expect 100% out of everything. that's plain unrealistic, as we're all only human, and we all have flaws

besides, the game is functional, it's just got a lot of small bugs. why? because they're a small group (or were), their focus had to be on the major work, not fixing a lot of small bugs (though they did take time to fix what they could if they had time, or even if it was their time off)

as for being told that we weren't going F2P, they stated that we MIGHT go F2P in the future, just that it wasn't planned FOR THE MOMENT. that's not the same as never

and i never said you weren't calm or collected
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
10-04-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Maybe in the state of California, mediocre work is acceptable. Maybe in California, expecting a product to work correctly is consider "high standards". In Florida, we consider a product working 100 percent as the norm. 99 percent is not good enough here.

I do not know how much more open minded one can be, we the paying customer paid these folks to deliver a high quality product. After 10+ months of propaganda because they decide to lie to the paying customer and state publically they weren't going to a F2P system, while they intended to work on the F2P system all along. Then when it publically blew up in their face, fail to deliver said product in July, August, September, October.

Then they publically state they do not intend to deliver until December 2011. So far their estimations have consistently been on the under-estimated side.

When you spend money on a new car, if it only worked properly 60 percent of the time and was constantly plagued with more problems after they claim to fix it, would you be open-minded. No, you would buy a new car from people who know how to build a car.

I do not think my standards are set to high to expect the game to work properly. It is not like they are performing surgery, or building a highway system. They are working on a video game. The animation and art department is top notch. The programmers and developers involved in some of the Star Trek content are not getting the job done.

These folks need to realize when they are impeding the ability for the real stars in the company to work. If they are working there buts off and the work is still mediocre, then that tells you the staff does not possess the technical ability to work on this game.

That is the difference between a professional and a amateur. A professional rises to the challenge and delivers. When they cash their checks at the end of the week and the game still is not working right, they should feel some guilt that they have not done their job.

Many people working here have claimed they "love Star Trek' and that "this is their dream job."

However, the work is a nightmare for the player who has lived through all of this over the past 21+ months.

If they claim to love the job, then put some pride in your work and make the game 100 percent. Also, don't blame the player because the program does not function properly.

Thank you

PS...I am actually quite calm and cool. I was watching baseball and football most of tonight. However, I love Star Trek.
So you want to dog the devs because there are programming errors. Have you ever done any programming. Its not easy. So one line may mess with another line 3 or 4 hundred lines away. So since you value the quality of work you try to do their job. They are working hard to better the game for us. God I know why i stay outa the forums there are alot of cry babies in here. Oh and about cars its called factory recalls happens all the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
10-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
When you say exploitation...does this imply mischief on a player behavior or a exploit on a systematic level or is the error do to the internal game or is the error a result of players misusing the system here? Your statement makes it seem that players are exploiting some aspect of the game at this point of the testing phase. I did not personally experience anything this weekend people could really exploit.

Thank you.
That is exactly what it is..

Also that is why you saw so many high level players within a day or so of Tribble opening up.

Basically they cheated to get where they were by exploiting a bug in the system.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
10-04-2011, 06:35 AM
So I've been reading, that apparently you get no Dilithium at Upper Half or Vice Admiral. Meaning no VA ship without a C-store purchase, or running ALL THE WAY THROUGH CAPTAIN AN REAR ADMIRAL IN A LT.COM SHIP. Salami. Find the person who said that was a good idea. And shoot them.

Now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
10-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
So I've been reading, that apparently you get no Dilithium at Upper Half or Vice Admiral. Meaning no VA ship without a C-store purchase, or running ALL THE WAY THROUGH CAPTAIN AN REAR ADMIRAL IN A LT.COM SHIP. Salami. Find the person who said that was a good idea. And shoot them.

Now.
the reason for the 'no Commander ship' is the lack of dilithilum from missions, which they said will be in later
and after the mission dilithilum changes come, you can earn it in-game until you have enough for a Vice Admiral ship, so they're not entirely C-Store
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
10-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
the reason for the 'no Commander ship' is the lack of dilithilum from missions, which they said will be in later
and after the mission dilithilum changes come, you can earn it in-game until you have enough for a Vice Admiral ship, so they're not entirely C-Store
Considering the low rate of dailies and the flat 1400 rate of explorations it will take an extensive amount of grinding to earn the Dilithium to get a VA ship. Especially for those of us who are testing and haven't gotten Dilithium as we should have. We will be experiencing a badly designed economy issue, exacerbated by them having us test it unfinished.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
10-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
So I've been reading, that apparently you get no Dilithium at Upper Half or Vice Admiral. Meaning no VA ship without a C-store purchase, or running ALL THE WAY THROUGH CAPTAIN AN REAR ADMIRAL IN A LT.COM SHIP. Salami. Find the person who said that was a good idea. And shoot them.

Now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Considering the low rate of dailies and the flat 1400 rate of explorations it will take an extensive amount of grinding to earn the Dilithium to get a VA ship. Especially for those of us who are testing and haven't gotten Dilithium as we should have. We will be experiencing a badly designed economy issue, exacerbated by them having us test it unfinished.
The very reason we're here testing is that that the game is going F2P. I'm aware you know that, but that by design means that only things that are absolutely necessary to complete the game are given away free. The others will require money or perhaps just an extensive amount of grinding. Don't know how some people think that they give can away everything for free and still operate the game, but they can't and won't.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 PM.