Lt. Commander
# 11
10-03-2011, 08:59 PM
We should get hold of all those tribbles and pour them into D'angelo's pants, to make crazy until he tells us more.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-03-2011, 09:11 PM
On the question of whether a given award will be for one character or for each character, there is no single answer. Different kinds of awards work different ways.

For items a character can equip or use, we usually try to make the item unique so you can claim it on each character, but can have only one on that character. When we do this, we also make the item have zero sale value and make it unable to be traded to other players.

If the award is something you could buy in the C-Store, then it will normally work just as if you made a purchase.

If the award unlocks some part of the game, such as a title or access to some content, then that unlock is generally for all characters on the account.

Since we have not finalized our implementation on the various award items, I have purposefully been a little vague on this topic in the postings for each award. I would love to make many of the award items so they are fully valued and tradable, but if we do this, then the item would be claimed once by one character. A good example here might be the Duty Officer awards. By making them claimed just to one character, you can trade away ones you don't want to other players and potentially get something better for your style of play. If we make them claimed on every character, then we need to make them hard-locked to be zero value, unique, and untradable to avoid exploits. The dev team is still discussing these kinds of items and how to best have the awards work.

We're still pretty early in the test period. As we finalize the exact details for each award later in the testing, we'll post details such as stats and the rules for claiming the awards.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
Free-to-play testing is off to a great start on the Tribble test server!
A truly epic start!

If you don't mind staying in your Tier 2 ship because there's no way to make up the shortage when you promote to Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
On the question of whether a given award will be for one character or for each character, there is no single answer. Different kinds of awards work different ways.

For items a character can equip or use, we usually try to make the item unique so you can claim it on each character, but can have only one on that character. When we do this, we also make the item have zero sale value and make it unable to be traded to other players.

If the award is something you could buy in the C-Store, then it will normally work just as if you made a purchase.

If the award unlocks some part of the game, such as a title or access to some content, then that unlock is generally for all characters on the account.

Since we have not finalized our implementation on the various award items, I have purposefully been a little vague on this topic in the postings for each award. I would love to make many of the award items so they are fully valued and tradable, but if we do this, then the item would be claimed once by one character. A good example here might be the Duty Officer awards. By making them claimed just to one character, you can trade away ones you don't want to other players and potentially get something better for your style of play. If we make them claimed on every character, then we need to make them hard-locked to be zero value, unique, and untradable to avoid exploits. The dev team is still discussing these kinds of items and how to best have the awards work.

We're still pretty early in the test period. As we finalize the exact details for each award later in the testing, we'll post details such as stats and the rules for claiming the awards.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
really appreciate the concise and honest answer. thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
All of the Tribble test rewards so far have been account-wide--you could claim it for each of your existing characters on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
All of the Tribble test rewards so far have been account-wide--you could claim it for each of your existing characters on Holodeck.
that's exactly why i wondered about it. like, if i get the 1 hour skill boost, do i get one for each character? what's to stop me sending them all to one character and then using them one after another? I just wanted some clarification, is all, but I can wait.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Good to hear from you, boss. As long as there are some neat rewards lurking out there still, then my complaint about continuing to charge subs for a beta is mostly quelled, since there is clearly a lot of testing to be done still to shape things up for launch.

Now if we could get some good news about some changes to the value of subscriptions and the gold matrix "balance" you're going to be off to a good start

Also some Tribble issues for your consideration: Level-progression/auto-leveling missions and difficulty for new players, Dilithium earning rates, and we're really eager to see how the C-Store will interact with the Dilithium economy.

Thanks again
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Also got this tribble pic as wallpaper. Looks nice
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Now if Tribble breeding would actually work on Tribble...
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-04-2011, 01:40 AM
How about:
1| A tribble doff? He could be a chef or a food replicator repair engineer.
2| The dilithium eating tribble (Tribbelus Crypticus) mysteriously your dilithium disappears when you go to buy a ship
3| A Free Tribble (in honor of F2P)-A tribble that reproduces at twice the rate of a normal tribble.
4| The bug squashing tribble-If you get a disconnect while in effect, it maxes out your EC account.
5| The Gold Tribble-It is a tribble that eats your food and your gear and it wants more
6| The Silver Tribble-it sits there and waits for all the other tribbles in you inventory to eat and then takes 9 hours to eat afterward.

Silly ideas. But they were fun to come up with.