Lt. Commander
# 31
10-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
So F2P is going to launch in 3 weeks regardless of the state of the game? Seriously?
Read it again. At no point did he say that F2P is launching in 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
I took it that he was saying the rewards would be given to us sometime within the three weeks *after* F2P launches.
This is what he was saying. I see nothing in his phrasing that is confusing in the least way on this "question." It's the exact same thing as stated in the second post.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-04-2011, 07:31 AM
They will priorities the urgency of the bugs and work in that order, Classed as: Critical, Urgent, Not Important and so on... If they belive your bug is critical, making the game unplayable then they will work on that before they work on a bug which is about a spelling error and so on
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I'd like clarification as well. I don't want my interpretation of what was written to be true. My interpretation would be bad news for the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Are you sure that is what he was saying? ... I took it that he was saying the rewards would be given to us sometime within the three weeks *after* F2P launches.

Can we get some DEV clarification on this please.

It is very Obvious he means with in three weeks after launch.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Well... What can one gather from this update?
For one thing I got an awesome desktop now. So furry.
The text kinda got lost in the distraction.

Oh and I named the black Tribble in the upper right corner Harvey. Harvey is currently hugging the shortcut to STO.
So cute.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
Read it again. At no point did he say that F2P is launching in 3 weeks.

This is what he was saying. I see nothing in his phrasing that is confusing in the least way on this "question." It's the exact same thing as stated in the second post.
Quote is from the current F2P Dev Blog #4 ....

Quote:
As with all the other awards we are giving out for playing on Tribble, we plan to make them available to you after the free-to-play game goes live on Holodeck. We are going to try and do this near when it goes live, but we are promising that it will be within 3 weeks.
This is what is confusing people. .... Is F2P going to be coming out live in 3 weeks? ... Will the reward be given out within 3 weeks after F2P launches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
It is very Obvious he means with in three weeks after launch.
I agree that this is what it looks like.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy31 View Post
How about:
1| A tribble doff? He could be a chef or a food replicator repair engineer.
2| The dilithium eating tribble (Tribbelus Crypticus) mysteriously your dilithium disappears when you go to buy a ship
3| A Free Tribble (in honor of F2P)-A tribble that reproduces at twice the rate of a normal tribble.
4| The bug squashing tribble-If you get a disconnect while in effect, it maxes out your EC account.
5| The Gold Tribble-It is a tribble that eats your food and your gear and it wants more
6| The Silver Tribble-it sits there and waits for all the other tribbles in you inventory to eat and then takes 9 hours to eat afterward.

Silly ideas. But they were fun to come up with.
Add to that

7) 10Forward tribble - Completely random colors, pattern and buff each day.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
It is entirely clear that "within 3 weeks" refers back to "when [F2P] goes live." There is absolutely no other logical, grammatical way to read that sentence.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I am already at Commander 6 but what good did it do?

I even got timeouts when I wanted to report bugs ingame.

The major issue is the whole Dilithium economy, something very well worth testing, wasn't working. So what did we actually test, I just replayed all episodes to level up and wonder what good did it do?!
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
Yes! I maxed my Fed, now to try and max a KDF.
How in the heck did you get maxed out already??? You must be putting in some hours.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Wow, D. You guys really going all out with the rewards for this Beta.

Dev Blog 2 = Leveling Rewards
Dev Blog 3 = DOFF Rewards

And now = a new Unique Tribble?

Instead of another Buffing Tribble, how about an omage to Tribble moment? You guys got to let players have a Giant Tribble that sits in your Captain's Chair and have it roll away like in TAS.