Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
10-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
On the question of whether a given award will be for one character or for each character, there is no single answer. Different kinds of awards work different ways.

For items a character can equip or use, we usually try to make the item unique so you can claim it on each character, but can have only one on that character. When we do this, we also make the item have zero sale value and make it unable to be traded to other players.

If the award is something you could buy in the C-Store, then it will normally work just as if you made a purchase.

If the award unlocks some part of the game, such as a title or access to some content, then that unlock is generally for all characters on the account.

Since we have not finalized our implementation on the various award items, I have purposefully been a little vague on this topic in the postings for each award. I would love to make many of the award items so they are fully valued and tradable, but if we do this, then the item would be claimed once by one character. A good example here might be the Duty Officer awards. By making them claimed just to one character, you can trade away ones you don't want to other players and potentially get something better for your style of play. If we make them claimed on every character, then we need to make them hard-locked to be zero value, unique, and untradable to avoid exploits. The dev team is still discussing these kinds of items and how to best have the awards work.

We're still pretty early in the test period. As we finalize the exact details for each award later in the testing, we'll post details such as stats and the rules for claiming the awards.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Thank you for finally answering my question, even if it's still rather vague. I can fully understand something like the dilithium reward being a one-shot deal (if you decide to do it that way). However, everything else should be unlocked account-wide with a 0 value that can't be traded or sold.

That said, even without the shinies I would still have tested the DOff system to its fullest. I just would have waited longer for the character transfer to do so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Please make these rewards per account and not per character. I go through a lot of characters, and I want to be able to enjoy this reward on each of them. If only useable on one character, I will hardly use the reward at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43 have to ask
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
At this time, I want to announce that we'll be giving out the traditional unique Tribble award for playing on Tribble. Anyone that gets a Federation character to at least level 6, or levels up a character that they transfer over (once character transfer is active at a later date), will be awarded a unique Tribble item for their character on Holodeck.

does this mean i have to transfer a toon over to the holodeck or vice versa, or that fact that i leveled one and it will be staying on tribbles is good enough to meet this demand?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
10-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Loved the artwork on the blog post!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
10-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I love tribbles! Thanks, looking forward to a new/another tribble! Thanks for the new desktop background too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
10-04-2011, 02:10 PM
i think some borg ringtones would be good to have
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
At this time, I want to announce that we'll be giving out the traditional unique Tribble award for playing on Tribble. Anyone that gets a Federation character to at least level 6, or levels up a character that they transfer over (once character transfer is active at a later date), will be awarded a unique Tribble item for their character on Holodeck.

does this mean i have to transfer a toon over to the holodeck or vice versa, or that fact that i leveled one and it will be staying on tribbles is good enough to meet this demand?
From my understanding, either level up a new toon to 6 or port over an existing character once they open the transfer back up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
10-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
From my understanding, either level up a new toon to 6 or port over an existing character once they open the transfer back up.
yes that was my understanding, but at times these things can be a little misleading, and i like unlocking everything. ive been here sense the begining and for the most part the only thing i dont have is the WOK admiral uniform.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
10-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Ok, on the subject of account vs character specific rewards and the dilithium bonus for level 31..

As I see this one _can't_ be an account unlock, just for the simple reason of the exploitability of being able to claim the dilithium on every character you make, deleting and remaking.

Isn't that really one of the reasons the 250 emblems was _removed_ from the 500 day vet reward?


That then leaves the question of, which character do you claim it on, how much would it be, etc...




Edit: Also I can find every tribble on the picture except the Test reward tribbles, Holo tribble, triolic tribble, and the Rivera.

I feel the Rivera should have been included as it was a Launch tribble with the rest that are on there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
10-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran_Tatsuuchi View Post
Ok, on the subject of account vs character specific rewards and the dilithium bonus for level 31..

As I see this one _can't_ be an account unlock, just for the simple reason of the exploitability of being able to claim the dilithium on every character you make, deleting and remaking.

Isn't that really one of the reasons the 250 emblems was _removed_ from the 500 day vet reward?


That then leaves the question of, which character do you claim it on, how much would it be, etc...




Edit: Also I can find every tribble on the picture except the Test reward tribbles, Holo tribble, triolic tribble, and the Rivera.

I feel the Rivera should have been included as it was a Launch tribble with the rest that are on there.

ummm i just like to point out that than can and have and huge FYI, when they have done it in the passed its account-character bound. so when one of your characters claim the reward, it cant not be traded anywhere else. secondly 250 elblams are still rewarded on 500 days, it just may not have been implemented yet due to the testing period. or atleast thats what im assuming in this case cause thats just wrong to insult your paying customers with rewards and than say, nah you cant have them, but thanks for your money.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM.