Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM
I love my toons and BOFFs. That probably accounts for 75% of where my comments come from. A RL starship would ROCK -- flying one in game is... okay. I just like my toons better.

I've played 'swamp of Gron Rangers' many times because it's one of the missions I like BETTER. No hate for folks who feel the opposite way.

The missions I never want to play again are any mission that nerfs my impulse speed and requires me to CRAWL along in my ship. Not saying I want these gone or never want to play another. They can add a lot of fun suspense the first time through -- they just have less replay value for mepersonally.

Everyone has different missions they are going to want to skip.

FE missions are the ONLY missions that should require you to play them in order (#1 - #5 within the series) and ONLY on the first play through for each toon.

The chain was kind of fixed with the Skip button (Skip button in regards to UI was SPOT ON -- big thumbs up for whoever added this button )

But then this fix was nerfed by putting level requirements back in

While certain series (Klingon, Romulan, etc) are still locked -- actually I have not unlocked anything beyond the first FE on any of my (all new) tribble toons because I was mostly leveling them with DOFF and they are maxed now.

Why not go back to having the FE indipendent (not tied into the middle) of the 'regular' series episodes? Were the FE even ever supposed to go in those spots or wernt the FE supposed to stand apart from the 'regular' storyline anyway?

Suggestion:
Move FE to their own tab.
Allow free skipping through all of each 'regular' series.
Have Klingon/Federation series unlock after tutorial.
Unlock next series (Romulan IIRC?) unlock around level 6
Next series (Cardasian IIRC?) unlock around level 11
Next series unlock around level 16, etc
?

This would be ideal for moving through the 'regular' episodes IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-26-2011, 08:19 PM
I strongly dislike being forced to do any mission. Some missions are just flat out un-fun to me. Being forced to do missions I can't stand means I will never level another character. Ever. Less characters means less C-store visits from me. If I can't play the game like I want to, then I won't play it.
Do not force missions on your players.
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Seriously, weeks after they neutered the progression system people are still complaining? I skipped from Doomsday right up to the last Undine mission on my original tribble character who hit VA in the second half of the Klingon front and did nothing but doff stuff since. By any reasonable definition, there is no forced progression now.
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Seriously, weeks after they neutered the progression system people are still complaining? I skipped from Doomsday right up to the last Undine mission on my original tribble character who hit VA in the second half of the Klingon front and did nothing but doff stuff since. By any reasonable definition, there is no forced progression now.
My point is, why did they go through this "extra step" of allowing skipping instead of just reverting to the old build which essentially does the same thing. It seems like a waste of resources to first develop the linear system followed by another waste of resources to add in a "skip" function. So, their answer to the first system which we pointed out was bad, and they acknowledged as bad, was to sink more time and money into it instead of scrapping it.

There in lies the whole issue. A refusal to just call something bad, revert and move on. Stubborness will just waste everyone's time and money.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-27-2011, 02:16 AM
You can skip missions now, did you notice that? You aren't forced to do anything. The missions are level-bound, yeah, butt if you don't want to do a certain mission such as Coliseum, you can skip it and do a Borg invasion instead of that, or a Neutral Zone daily or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-27-2011, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
We have tuned the difficulty of some of the problem encounters, including the one in Stop the Signal. This change will likely be in a patch later this week. Let us know how it works after the change, and if you find any of the other episodes excessively difficult.
I am absolutely astonished by this response ! (and not in a good way)
That's all I have to say because that's all my bewildered mind would allow ... .

Were this a phone call to a service provider , this would be the point I would ask to talk with a supervisor .
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
My point is, why did they go through this "extra step" of allowing skipping instead of just reverting to the old build which essentially does the same thing. It seems like a waste of resources to first develop the linear system followed by another waste of resources to add in a "skip" function. So, their answer to the first system which we pointed out was bad, and they acknowledged as bad, was to sink more time and money into it instead of scrapping it.

There in lies the whole issue. A refusal to just call something bad, revert and move on. Stubborness will just waste everyone's time and money.
They wanted to make it clear what order the missions were supposed to be played in. It was kind of awkward in the old system because the accept dialogue for some missions would reveal the outcome of a mission you hadn't completed yet.
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
They wanted to make it clear what order the missions were supposed to be played in. It was kind of awkward in the old system because the accept dialogue for some missions would reveal the outcome of a mission you hadn't completed yet.
This and with DS9 and Orellius intended as the VA hub, ordering events becomes more essential. Gamma Orionis is now the RA leveling area and DS9/Orellius is being setup as the endgame area with endgame content that is a sequel to the Deferi series.

They're trying to position everyone at the same point in the timeline by level.

I still want to see one of these games outright treat your level as the calendar date. IMHO, instead of rank, ranks should have been optional unlocks and player level should have been the year.

So that Ensign becomes, say, 2406.0 and 2406.5. Lt. becomes 2407.1-10, etc. You get the title unlocks as options as you progress but level, IMHO, should be year.

I'd also be tempted to make the Guardian of Forever into one mission replay hub and maybe also give the option to play the slingshot game to transport back to any mission from the Sol or Qo'noS systems.