Lt. Commander
# 81
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
...I honestly think that 2012 is going to be a monumental year for this game. Cyrptic is finally owned by a company that is not only hugely successful, but actually knows MMOs. I think that once the F2P transition is complete STO is going to see development on a scale it has never seen before.
Lets put this in a time capsule.
Lt. Commander
# 82
12-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Its high past time to quit the debate on what got Cryptic and Us in the here and now. Its focus on what needs to be fixed to keep them and us here and ahppy in the game play.

So they got a bad deal of teh cards and did the best they could in short notice. Thats old news, its time for the looking forward only.
+1 to every word. Boo hoo hoo, they had 2 years to develop it and have had 2 years to correct it. The time for excuses is long over, we passed that exit quite some time ago.

NEXT!
Lt. Commander
# 83
12-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
+1 to every word. Boo hoo hoo, they had 2 years to develop it and have had 2 years to correct it. The time for excuses is long over, we passed that exit quite some time ago.

NEXT!
Most MMOs get 4-5 years of development time before they ever hit live servers with paying customers. It's far more difficult to significantly upgrade a game after it goes live than during a normal development phase. They can't just overhaul the whole game unless they want to go the DDO route and take it offline until they're ready to relaunch. At this point, I doubt that would work out that well for STO, especially considering a lot of players already enjoy the game and wouldn't want it to disappear for months.

At it's base, STO is pretty good, it just lacks the mission/quest content that other MMOs have. If they can churn that out (not just FEs, although those are certainly fun) while continuing to tweak other aspects over time, they'll be in good shape.
Lt. Commander
# 84
12-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Zombies are one of my least favorite species of the Galaxy. I must destroy this one and remind you Humans to open a new thread if you need to post on a topic that has not seen the light of day in over 30 days.

Q
Closed Thread