Lt. Commander
# 11
10-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Well...glad the Cstore will be opened.
Will we finally be able to use the stuff we've already paid for on Holodeck?
And I hope they give a lot of test points, I've got over 4K on Holodeck and the chance of me buying more right now is out of the question.
Especially just to fly a unknown ship on the test server.
Seems to me a much smarter approach would be to let testers fly new ships on Tribble for free, that may encourage more to buy them on Holodeck.
And that is what they want, right?
Certainly worked on me with the Grumba and the Vor'Kang...I only bought them after being able to fly them for a while as an "Experimental ships" on Tribble.
Otherwise, I might not have bought them, especially the Grumba since it's the most expensive ship for the KDF in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
So you want me to pay to test your stuff? Ha! Ha! Ha!
Actually, if you are paying for a sub, you are already paying them to test stuff...think about it...
No one's forcing players to play on Tribble, if you don't want to, then don't.
But then, you miss out on the possible rewards given to those that do.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Paying to test, as an option is breath taking. Especially when it may be the case were your free test point awards can't afford the new ships on test.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Actually, if you are paying for a sub, you are already paying them to test stuff...think about it...
No one's forcing players to play on Tribble, if you don't want to, then don't.
But then, you miss out on the possible rewards given to those that do.
You also have to wait even longer to try out things like the Doff system which would have been on live a long time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Paying to test, as an option is breath taking. Especially when it may be the case were your free test point awards can't afford the new ships on test.
They didn't say the free ones wouldn't be enough. What they're trying to do is to see how much people would be willing to buy, in an absolute sense. The only way to do that is to have a limited amount of currency given out in a manner such that not everybody will do it. They figured attaching Test points to Real C-Points would be a good way of doing it.

Think about it this way: Say there's a lot of crap you want to buy on Tribble. You go buy real c-points. When F2P launch comes around, you could have saved your real C-Points to buy all that stuff for real.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Opening up the C-Store is all well and good. However, you won't see this tester plopping down real-world money for "test points".

I do, however, have one teeny-tiny question. Will the unlocks that we have on Holodeck be transferred to Tribble? I really miss a lot of my cool shinies that I have taken for granted on the live server.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
You're not paying them to test. You're paying them for their currency to use on Holodeck, which also grants you a limited form of test currency so they can figure out good pricing on items, and what items to actually put up.
Note, that I did say that I don't mean now... as I can see the value for them in terms of pricing correctly.

Also, I have already purchased nearly everything there is to buy Fed side on the C-store. So, for someone like me, that's gotten nearly everything, I have no reason to buy more c-store points at this time, other than to do the work of testing for them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-04-2011, 06:21 PM
What exactly is my incentive for buying c-points and getting utterly useless test points ? If you want to know what people buy or not make a poll (ingame)...
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Well lets face it chances are most of us are going to have to buy more Cstore points in the near future. even the 400 montly point bounus is never going to score you all the new ships and stuff that is going to be pumped out of the Cstore when F2P rolls around.

I say bite the bullet now and buy your Cstore points for use on holodeck. You'll then get bounus points to spend in tribble and buy some XP boosters to help make the grind to level 51 easeier.

I doubt we'll ever see a 20% discount on Cstore points ever again so you might as well buy the points now.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
What exactly is my incentive for buying c-points and getting utterly useless test points ? If you want to know what people buy or not make a poll (ingame)...
A poll does not capture the allocation of limited resources, which is the type of data they need for testing the C-Store.