Lt. Commander
# 21
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Well lets face it chances are most of us are going to have to buy more Cstore points in the near future. even the 400 montly point bounus is never going to score you all the new ships and stuff that is going to be pumped out of the Cstore when F2P rolls around.

I say bite the bullet now and buy your Cstore points for use on holodeck. You'll then get bounus points to spend in tribble and buy some XP boosters to help make the grind to level 51 easeier.

I doubt we'll ever see a 20% discount on Cstore points ever again so you might as well buy the points now.
What grind ? They throw xp at you on Tribble like the world is going to end soon. :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Well lets face it chances are most of us are going to have to buy more Cstore points in the near future. even the 400 montly point bounus is never going to score you all the new ships and stuff that is going to be pumped out of the Cstore when F2P rolls around.

I say bite the bullet now and buy your Cstore points for use on holodeck. You'll then get bounus points to spend in tribble and buy some XP boosters to help make the grind to level 51 easeier.

I doubt we'll ever see a 20% discount on Cstore points ever again so you might as well buy the points now.
I don't follow the logic. Why "bite the bullet now" and purchase points that we MIGHT need in the future? Unless they give us one of those sales during the F2P beta test, nobody will be wanting to buy them JUST for the "test points".
Lt. Commander
# 23
The only reason I would buy C-Store Points would be to grab up more Duty Officers on Tribble. This also applies to any free points I'll be receiving. But, considering I have some points on Holodeck, I will not be buying points.

I'd also like to note that I am not pleased with this and, in general, I've been tolerable with a majority of decisions made up to this point.
Lt. Commander
# 24
How can I know what new goodies Im gonna value the most if I havent tried them in the first place ? And how is limiting our testing abilities going to help the...well, testing ?
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
Will the tribble C-store reflect the new prices you guys have been saying you'd be adjusting? and will things we have already purchased on holodeck be unlocked?
The price adjustments will be in. Some items will be missing from the store as we update them, but the vast majority will be there with pricing adjustments.

You will not have previously purchased items from the C-Store in here.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
The price adjustments will be in. Some items will be missing from the store as we update them, but the vast majority will be there with pricing adjustments.

You will not have previously purchased items from the C-Store in here.
Will the Borg Boff be in there? I've been dying to get more Efficiency to boost my Emergency Power abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unlimited? No. Free? Yes. Even if you give people free points, as long as they are limited then what they actually spend them on will show you what they value. I'm sorry but that explanation doesnt really make sense, and it just sounds like a wacky way to get people to spend money testing.
We are giving people free points. There will be a stipend this week, and possibly more later. However, if you burn through your initial stipend you can get more just by purchasing standard C-Points, as many people already do.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unlimited? No. Free? Yes. Even if you give people free points, as long as they are limited then what they actually spend them on will show you what they value. I'm sorry but that explanation doesnt really make sense, and it just sounds like a wacky way to get people to spend money testing.
I agree with this. They can find out want people want to try by limiting how people get test points and how much they get them. With the way they're doing it, it just sounds like they're trying to bring in more money.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
We are giving people free points. There will be a stipend this week, and possibly more later. However, if you burn through your initial stipend you can get more just by purchasing standard C-Points, as many people already do.
Ok. That makes me feel a "little" better. I'll wait and see how much we get.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bariman View Post
I agree with this. They can find out want people want to try by limiting how people get test points and how much they get them. With the way they're doing it, it just sounds like they're trying to bring in more money.
And on top of that for testing for bugs.