Lt. Commander
# 1 Which is Greater ?
10-05-2011, 06:22 AM
For tactical consoles,
which is better.
+21 Startship Cannon Weapons
+21 Starship Polaron Weapons
For Dual Heavy Cannons,
not necessarily Polaron just using them as an example, and can i equip more than one of the same console?
many thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2011, 07:05 AM
it depends what you have

if you have four cannons and they are all different (phaser, disrupter etc) then use the cannon console as they all get a buff despite their type.

if they are all polaron but you have some phaser strips in there as well then use the polaron console.

if you have four cannons and they are all polaron then it wont make a difference which you pick (unless your aft weapons are something different).
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Usually people go with +21 poloron in case you want to equipt a poloron beam in the future, or if you run a poloron beam and poloron cannon it buffs them both instead of having +21 beams and +21 cannons
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
it depends what you have

if you have four cannons and they are all different (phaser, disrupter etc) then use the cannon console as they all get a buff despite their type.

if they are all polaron but you have some phaser strips in there as well then use the polaron console.

if you have four cannons and they are all polaron then it wont make a difference which you pick (unless your aft weapons are something different).
BTW, if you want to be a good a PVP always you the same wepon type ALWAYS (Phasers have the best weapon prock)
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-05-2011, 07:16 AM
and yes you can equip more than one of the same consoles. (unless its unique like the borg console)
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPretorius
BTW, if you want to be a good a PVP always you the same wepon type ALWAYS (Phasers have the best weapon prock)
I can never get phaser dual heavy cannon weapons in exchange, they are rarer than rocking horse poo.
or disruptors either, i'm stuck with polarons for the time being till i can afford to buy a set with emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
They really aren't that hard to find at all. I never have trouble finding them
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Pffft... Phasers have a good weapon Proc but ONLY if you are spewing out a LOT of Phaser Fire a'la MVAE. If not, then Disruptors are better. That 10% stacked with all the other Debuffs a Tact can bring = Horrible Death.

But yes, please stick to one energy type and I would never recommend Polarons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakocow
I can never get phaser dual heavy cannon weapons in exchange, they are rarer than rocking horse poo.
or disruptors either, i'm stuck with polarons for the time being till i can afford to buy a set with emblems.
Emblems or Craft them yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
They really aren't that hard to find at all. I never have trouble finding them
Where ?????