Lt. Commander
The Ambassador Class was not mentioned by the Dev Team recently. Are they still planning on a November / December target date for the Ambassador Class launch? Or {GULP} has anybody heard plans to push it back yet again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
The Ambassador Class was not mentioned by the Dev Team recently. Are they still planning on a November / December target date for the Ambassador Class launch? Or {GULP} has anybody heard plans to push it back yet again?
I believe it is coming still saw something a few weeks ago. cant remembr where. maybe in an engineering report.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-17-2011, 01:06 PM
December was the last statement about it. Search is your friend. It really does not bite. Really.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...postcount=2999
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2011, 05:59 PM
The Ambassador should be an Exploration skin just like the Venture is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-17-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm sure they will make it T3 rather then T4. It is a step down from the Galaxy - which is why the Galaxy replaced it.

I am hoping they make it its own skin rather then an Excalibur Variant. I like the Venture but I would like to play something besides a Galaxy at T4.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-17-2011, 08:38 PM
It should have been Sovereign T5, Galaxy T4, Ambassador T3, Excelsior T2, and Constitution T1. It pains me that my T5 Excelsior whoops up on my T5 Galaxy refit...and I fell stupid cruising the galaxy in a 100 year old ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfriedman1971 View Post
It should have been Sovereign T5, Galaxy T4, Ambassador T3, Excelsior T2, and Constitution T1. It pains me that my T5 Excelsior whoops up on my T5 Galaxy refit...and I fell stupid cruising the galaxy in a 100 year old ship.
I agree with most of your list but canonically the Lakota Excelsior fought the Defiant to a standstill, only barely losing - and the only reason it did lose was because neither side would use their torpedoes for fear of causing serious harm to the people on the other ship.

Cryptic is left trying to make sense out of all the inaccuracies we have seen on the screen over the years. I would have probably made the Excelsior a T2/T4 combination - and I would not have made the Excelsior the best combat cruiser in the game. But that is just me; and fans always argue over the subjectiveness of the episodes and movies.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Coming soon™
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-18-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I agree with most of your list but canonically the Lakota Excelsior fought the Defiant to a standstill, only barely losing - and the only reason it did lose was because neither side would use their torpedoes for fear of causing serious harm to the people on the other ship.

Cryptic is left trying to make sense out of all the inaccuracies we have seen on the screen over the years. I would have probably made the Excelsior a T2/T4 combination - and I would not have made the Excelsior the best combat cruiser in the game. But that is just me; and fans always argue over the subjectiveness of the episodes and movies.
I saw that episode a couple of days ago. The fact that the Lakota must have been heavily upgraded and the crew's general surprise at the fight it was putting up was all mentioned in the dialogue. I suppose that canonizes the idea that older hulls can be refitted and brought up to speed with modern builds.

Of course, the older hulls upgraded shouldn't be the best in their tier, but the Excelsior's superiority is a matter of opinion, not fact.
Lt. Commander
# 10 No aerodynamics...
09-18-2011, 09:29 AM
"In Theory", since space has no aerodynamics, if Starfleet were to equip an older ship with a bevy of weapons and upgrades, couldn't ANY ship be a Tier 5 ship? I mean, think about it.better Shields, Improvement to the hull strength, added cannons/phaser banks/torpedo launchers. Ambassadors are still in service even in STO's time. I think being a newer ship than that of the Excelsior, I would at LEAST hope it is a T3 / and T5 ship