Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I do not want to eat in a video game. That would drive me nuts. Forcing everyone to go sit around a table and munch away, is a surefire way to make a lot of us just leave the game. Its a game, not Sims. For those of us who hate Sims this would drive us nuts. I suspect all your typical PvP, Fleet Action and STF type players would simply pack their bags and leave. Everyone else would leave too, because all they have is the main story arc to roll through, and then they'd have 'beat the game'.

I'm okay with fuel being involved in a game, there's some logic to it although we have to realize that Star Trek itself is meant to represent a scarcity-free society thanks to hyper advanced technology. I think things like food (even for the whole crew) shouldn't be a day-to-day concern. We could easily get caught up in the minutia and never actually get to enjoy the game. That's my only concern with the system being stated there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
I do not want to eat in a video game. That would drive me nuts. Forcing everyone to go sit around a table and munch away, is a surefire way to make a lot of us just leave the game. Its a game, not Sims. For those of us who hate Sims this would drive us nuts. I suspect all your typical PvP, Fleet Action and STF type players would simply pack their bags and leave. Everyone else would leave too, because all they have is the main story arc to roll through, and then they'd have 'beat the game'.

I'm okay with fuel being involved in a game, there's some logic to it although we have to realize that Star Trek itself is meant to represent a scarcity-free society thanks to hyper advanced technology. I think things like food (even for the whole crew) shouldn't be a day-to-day concern. We could easily get caught up in the minutia and never actually get to enjoy the game. That's my only concern with the system being stated there.
Wait wait wait, what's this about food??
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Check out my Dilithium ore = Energy Credit sink idea over here.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...54#post3794054
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I love your idea, Kirian. Fixes a LOT of stupidity issues with regards to this new dilithium cluster----
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Refineing dilithium crashes the game.

Seriously no-one tested it before letting it out?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hominid View Post

You are surprised by this?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
Tomorrow's Dev Blog post will explain this topic in depth, so stay tuned!

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
I don't want anymore of your blogs, tbh, I want to hear how you're going to stop ripping us off!
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hominid View Post

Test? They don't test anything. That's what we are for. We are here to do their testing for them and to spend money so the QA team can say, "Yep, looks good" then sit back and laugh as we deal with the consequences.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
Wait wait wait, what's this about food??
I was referring to the long post by Klytemnestra suggesting that we should spend time having our characters go get a big mac at spacedoc so they don't go hungry. That one topic really irritated me so that's why I spent so much time talking about it. I couldn't imagine playing Star Trek online that way.