Lt. Commander
# 1 Gorn Ships Mining laser?
09-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Will the KDF be getting the Mining laser on any of thier Gorn ships? I'd actually like to mount one not because its particularly effective but because it so disconcerting to be on the recieving end of one.. and the thought of having this continuous fire weapon mounted on a player operated ship...I have no doubt its rather nasty if the targets shields go down.. It certainly looks nasty!

And I for one like the psycological effect it will have once you knock a targets shields down with other weapons!! A bit of a terror weapon.. I like that idea!

And the feeling of a Fed player on the recieving end knowing that its a player operated ship and thats not all it has... well...

Yes, I definatly want a mining laser on a gorn ship in KDF fleet service.. Why should the NPC's have all the fun?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Lasers don't even go through navigation shielding. A mining laser would be useless against a ship with its main shields up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFCBwob65Nw
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-03-2011, 10:46 AM
But The Visual Is So Cool!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
But The Visual Is So Cool!!
Well....when my ship is struck with the mysterious mining laser I quickly see 50 times the material my ships is made out of being hurled into space.
It makes my ship look like a giant soda fountain.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Well....when my ship is struck with the mysterious mining laser I quickly see 50 times the material my ships is made out of being hurled into space.
It makes my ship look like a giant soda fountain.
Itwas sarcasm. My sarcas-o-meter may be broken and the sarcasm did not come across properly.

Its a neat idea with a bad FX at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Itwas sarcasm. My sarcas-o-meter may be broken and the sarcasm did not come across properly.
or maybe it's mine.
We'll have to wait for an impartial observer (meaning just about every other poster besides us) to determine which one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-03-2011, 12:10 PM
I have a feeling that effect is a glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
or maybe it's mine.
We'll have to wait for an impartial observer (meaning just about every other poster besides us) to determine which one.
Nice fient, you are a true master.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Nice fient, you are a true master.
seems like yours is working perfectly.

In any case I guess I'm just a little frustrated.
Without any experience with ground vehicles I've managed to design a Klingon light tank, an assault gun variant and a wheeled APC variant for it

But the IFV...the hull was no problem, the water jet engines were no problem, but the turret drives me crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Maybe it can be a mining "turbo-laser" and have an entirely random damage output based on which novelization you read that week?