Lt. Commander
# 1 How do you get more doff's ???
10-03-2011, 07:06 AM
OK So far I have had missions that give me me BO, but none that have given me me more DOFF
Currently Capt 3 There are mission I can't do because I need certain type of DOFF

also the length of time on these Doff missions seem to be too long for me IMHO
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-03-2011, 07:26 AM
are we just given more at a certain lvl, how do i get more duty officers?

I see plenty of missions i would like to do but just don't have that type of officer, so what gives?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO_Mac
OK So far I have had missions that give me me BO, but none that have given me me more DOFF
Currently Capt 3 There are mission I can't do because I need certain type of DOFF

also the length of time on these Doff missions seem to be too long for me IMHO
It depends on what sector you are in. Going to SF Academy and bringing up the Doff UI will show a couple of assignments that need no officers and take 3 days to complete. These give you one Doff each. You also get a new Doff for each commendation tier you complete. You can choose from enemy factions like the Boff you get when you get to ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Go to SF academy, Sol System and Earth Space dock everyday. There will be assignments like

Recruit Common Officer Cadre (1 day)
Recruit Tactical Junior Officer Cadre ( 3 days)
Recruit Science Junior Officer Cadre (3 Days)
Recruit Engineering Junior Officer Cadre (3 days)

Basically look for Assignments that end in Cadre. These do not take any DOffs.

As far as I know this Ferra NPC mentioned with DOffs get introduced is no where to be seen? (unless someone has found it)

Editl

In sector space there are also Resettle Colonists assignments. These give you 5 common colonists. Colonists can't do all assigments though. They can do Trade, Colony, Resupply (not sure if they can do Reinforce and some medical assignments. They fulfill the "Any officer" slots on those assignments.I haven't tried any others yet
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-03-2011, 08:38 AM
*Agrees with Beary666*

I also got 5 civilian colonists in DV in a colony mission
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Just found an assignment to recruit a Purple DOff in B'Tran (Vice Admiral).

It's actually a 3 hour assignment with a decent success rate (42%).

It is called "Investigate Temporal Anomaly",
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
As far as I know this Ferra NPC mentioned with DOffs get introduced is no where to be seen? (unless someone has found it)
Ferra's dialog appears after you complete a tier of whatever (Diplo, Military etc etc),

He then offers you a choice of 5 Green or better Doff's, presumably higher tiers give better quality Doff's.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I found the NPC in the gardens of SFA. He's in front of a wall between buildings 2 and 4.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
Editl

In sector space there are also Resettle Colonists assignments. These give you 5 common colonists. Colonists can't do all assigments though. They can do Trade, Colony, Resupply (not sure if they can do Reinforce and some medical assignments. They fulfill the "Any officer" slots on those assignments.I haven't tried any others yet
Where in sector space?
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I've seen these in Sirius and Sol. they are random