Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
And since, by definition, we're all locked at Silver for Beta, this means we have to grind for RESPECS on top of everything else?
....
We're gold not silver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
We decided shortly before opening Tribble that we would let you all play as gold.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Typically if you say, refine 8000 tons of Ore you'll usually get LESS than 8000 tons of final product because of all the crap being removed by refinement...

Odds are 8000 Ore = 4000 Refined Dilithium
Exactly. You cant get more from spending energy to break something down into a better state. You take a a gold nugget just mined that weighs 1lbs. You smelt it and burn out the impurities and it weighs 6oz or less.

Unless, in the star trek universe they have perfected the art of alchemy and transmutation. That would be another story.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
10-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
News flash: This is "feedback" we are giving.
We are telling them already now that we do not want this.
While the conversion rate may yet to be determined, we do know that at this point gold members are being screwed over.

1.) No ship token and not enough dilithium to get a free ship at commander and up.
2.) Forced to spend dilithium we grind in PvP, Dailies and Exploration on a new ship instead of spending it on EQUIPMENT as we do now with badges on holodeck.
News flash the second of multiple updates isn't even live yet. Feedback is one thing.. but you are giving feedback without even knonwing the facts yet. Your making assumptions and not giving true feedback. And we all know what assumptions can make out of you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
10-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
Remember, you'll be able to buy all the dilithium you want for cash. It's only the in-game dilithium that's limited. So this isn't some anti-inflation idea. It's a way to force people to spend cash to get anything they want, even the subscribers.
Which is just wrong and unethical but also most importantly, its very bad buisness.
I would think that a company thats trying to make a lot of $$$ would be eager to practice good buisness so that their customers keep coming back.

Thus i maintain my view that Cryptic are trying to screw us susbcribers over, until they prove otherwise.
- Restore the free ship tokens
- Greatly increase the cap on refining dilithium, I.E Mk XI weapons should only take a couple of days to grind for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnzoog View Post
We're gold not silver.
Well it's nice to know that we have a clear picture of exactly how worthless a Gold account will be then. And if this is the case, how did they know that "Silver" players were getting respecs when they shouldn't; if there are no Silvers on Tribble, who reported this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
10-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Without units, this is still unfounded speculation.

What if dilithium ore is traded in kilos, but refined dilithium is traded in grams?
If this is the case, we are ok. If not, they seem to be off by more than one order of magnitude. I will reserve judgement until I actually see the refinement process, but I am not overly confident that this will work out well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
News flash the second of multiple updates isn't even live yet. Feedback is one thing.. but you are giving feedback without even knonwing the facts yet. Your making assumptions and not giving true feedback. And we all know what assumptions can make out of you.
So what your saying then is that the developers are telling lies straight to our faces? How reassuring...

Many of the reasons for the ranting here comes straight from the dev's own mouths, such as the two "facts" i listed in my post there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
This is a first for me but I am kinda not feeling some of the upcoming changes. Earlier I was promoted to Commander. I was excited to get my next ship, yes it was on Tribble, but still excited I was. But I didn't hav eneough Dlithium? WHY does Dilithium have to tie into every facet of this game. Ilisten to interviews all the time involving the Devs and many if not all have said "the players will be rewarded for their time played".
If we were recieving free next tier ships for free when promoted before, bu t now we have to wait until we get enough Dilithium I am not being rewarded for my time played. Basically this life time player is loosing something because why? It seems like too many things are being forced to change for no reason.

Here is an idea to toss around....

The free ship deal when you are promoted should stay intact. Make those ships have 0 amount if sold and if by some chance we want to get rid of it, make it where we can have it "recycled" or "stripped" for parts that would be used to help craft other items.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Only 8000 Dilithium Refinement per day? At 140,000 per mk XI weapon, thats 18 days per weapon.
I agree that 8k is way to low for the price of items. I could deal with 8k per lvl tier, that would be more doable instead of a super grind fest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Thinking about it the refining cap could cause some players to cap their playing time when they reach the refining cap. Do we really want to dis-incentivize players from playing?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 PM.